Is this a scam????!!!

knichols

I have been receiving emails the past couple of days requesting pricing and shipping costs to Ghana W. Africa. I think this is a scam.....anyone else getting emails like this:

1st email:

-------Original Message-------

Date: 09/03/08 17:15:04

To: info@giantcandleco.com

Subject: Order,,

I would like to make an inquiry for a Pillar Candles.Kindly email me the types, pricing and stock.Also i would like to know your terms of payment as well as delivery for oversea shipment.

Chris Derrickson

I replied for her to shop through my site and use the checkout and select which shipping method she would like.

2nd Email

Date: 09/03/08 18:33:12

Subject: Re: Order,,

I am interested in the 6" X 6" with three wicks pillar canlde.I would secure payment in full with my master card.Delivery for the candle is to an Orphanage home situated in Ghana W.Africa.The best way to facilitate delivery would be through Mellow Inc as they are capable of packaging/crating as well as door to door delivery.Unfortunately,Mellow would not deal with me as they require a signature prior to pick up the tent.Below is the delivery address as well as Mellow contact details for you to check on delivery.

Delivery Address

Charity Aid Group

6610 Queens Ave

Accra--Ghana

Freight Co.Contact Details

robson@mellowinc.com

brewrobson@yahoo.com

Kindly email Mellow on my behalf to check on the freight then get back to me with the total for the tent plus freight from Mellow and.I would then secure payment in FULL with my CREDIT CARD so that the order can go into production.Don't hesitate to contact me regarding further details

Stay Blessed

Rev. Chris.

I replied:

Hi Chris,

Please feel free to order directly from my site. I will be happy to ship using the options available at checkout which are UPS or USPS. I can also offer Fed Ex and DHL if you would like. Let me know if you would prefer those carriers as opposed to the forementioned.

Thank you,

Third Email: Short & Sweet :undecided

The best reliable economical way to deliver would be through Mellow.kindly contact them and get back to me with pricing.

There is no "Mellow" international shipping company, I googled it......I am not replying to her last email since I feel it is a scam. I was just wondering if any one else has received email from this "Chris Derrickson" or "Rev. Chris".

If anyone might have further info. please pass it along.....Thanks!

Kathy

Delete, delete, delete. Yes it is a scam. There are several other topics on this board with the same thing going on.

There was also someone on another board I am on wanting to buy soaps for this so called orphanage. This Rev. gets around. Why would he want to buy handmade soaps and candles for these orphans and pay to ship them to Ghana?

They get ahold of your email address and credit card info and run with it before you know what hits you.

Anyone else reading this should delete right away, don't even reply. Now they have your email info and can go to town with that too.

Thanks everyone for your reply's and reassurance :).

I think that it is awful that people have nothing better to do than waste others time and energy. And on top of that to use an "Children's Orphanage" as a front and sign emails with Revernd...... What is this world coming to!!

Thanks again!

Kathy

I'm sorry, don't mean to be snide, but Africa, Nigeria, Tibet and the like aren't going to inquire to us for candles or anything..... I get those all the time and a few phone calls as well.....delete and/or hang up. The End. However, I did get an actual candle order on my website from Japan about 3 years ago, checked it out and it WAS real.... But that was thru my cart and not my email.

Maybe we need a SCAM ALERT thread section....'cause these questions are constantly asked...right?