Henryk- Mottle dupes

Jokerjen

Finally got my camera back, so here you are as promised..

This firs one is made to look more like thde original one you posted before the bbb dupe...

It is made with 1274, 48 oz liquified wax, 3 tbsp steraric, 1.7 (Mix of coffee and birthday cake) oz fo and 4 pellets vybar 103

post-426-139458383099_thumb.jpg

Great job on the candles!!!!!!!!! I wrote down your instructions to compare with all of my others. I have never used 1274 so my experiments will not ever match LOL......I guess that is a good thing. I love the variety in life. Your candes are beautiful. Donita

Jen,

That first one - I'd buy that! Its beautiful :shocked2: I would love to get results like that with my 1274. I would have had a real hard time voting if that that one was entered. (I voted for the mottle - not the likeness).

So, I'm going to try to dupe YOU! I have the materials. Can you tell me if you used solid or liquid dye? Finally, what pour temp, cooling procedure, and did you have your molds heated?

Thanks very much !

Jen,

That first one - I'd buy that! Its beautiful :shocked2: I would love to get results like that with my 1274. I would have had a real hard time voting if that that one was entered. (I voted for the mottle - not the likeness).

So, I'm going to try to dupe YOU! I have the materials. Can you tell me if you used solid or liquid dye? Finally, what pour temp, cooling procedure, and did you have your molds heated?

Thanks very much !

Glad you liked em..thought you might like the 1st one better....

I used dye blocks, temp have no clue, sorry, I don't do the temp thing...my presto is set at 200..filled my glass pyrex up set it up on double boiler method on stove....added stearic then vybar 103, let that sit and mixed a few minutes, then added fo, stirred, let sit few mins, stirred again, then seperated the amount I wanted to use for 1st layer, added color to that and same as above..molds were not cooled, just regular temp molds..and just left to cool on their own....hope that helps some..

I am a by eye person, the only things that really get measured are the wax, fo and additives, color is by eye and I don't generally take temps....:lipsrseal

Jokergen.....I tried your formula yesterday with 4045H......didn't mottle much. I think I have it right....to a total of 3lbs of wax I added 3T steric and almost 2% oil to the whole pot.....not per pound....correct....I also added 4 beads of vybar 103. I will post this large cone candle today, but I am going to use more oil....like maybe 4%.....trying to use a wax that is different than yours is difficult.....but mine is mottling wax and it should look better with more oil. Thanks for your formula. Donita