IKEA Molds

Does anyone own this drawer organizer?

Or have an IKEA store close by? I'd like to get one of these. I'm curious on the bar size it would yield. I know it takes approx 32 oz of oils to make one log in a drawer. Hmm. Curiousity. Off to check other boards for more info.

Here is a picture of what I am talking about:

ikea_mold.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are taking a trip next month to PA just to go to IKEA. I really wish they would open in Ohio already.

They just opened one in Cincinnati, was there last Thursday and could have looked. Bought some of the ice cube tray molds they work great with wax..

I don't have one, but I have only heard great things about them. People use clear plastic tape to cover up the dip in the front and get great results. I also saw a tut on another site that showed how these can be coated with silicone caulking and then the need to line is eliminated. Measurement on inside is about 9" x 2 3/4 x 2 3/4

PM me if you want the link.

I don't have one, but I have only heard great things about them. People use clear plastic tape to cover up the dip in the front and get great results. I also saw a tut on another site that showed how these can be coated with silicone caulking and then the need to line is eliminated. Measurement on inside is about 9" x 2 3/4 x 2 3/4

PM me if you want the link.

9" x 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 really? The drawers don't look square to me. Looks more like rectangles. I also would love to know the size of these.

9" x 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 really? The drawers don't look square to me. Looks more like rectangles. I also would love to know the size of these.

Well I'm busted! LOL Those numbers were from someone who owns them. I thought the same thing when I read them, but she has 'em and I don't so perhaps they are more square on the inside.

I have a similar chest from Ikea also, but mine has 3 logs and @ the bottom 2 slabs! As far as the logs go, my finished soap depending on how many oz I pour, measures 3.5x2.5 with 9 bars. I also used the silicon inside, to keep from lining them. They're great and cheap!

IMGA0060.jpg

Excuse the shoddy pics, but this gives u an idea of the soap size and the silicon applied inside.

HTH

Thanx Gran. I used the foam liners at first too, but these are less trouble for me, no preparation. I used the GE Silicon II Kitchen & Bath, 100% Silicon Sealant. I used putty knives to spread the sealant! I havent used my slabs yet, so I'm unsure how many bars I'll get out of that one, since I dont make big batches yet.:undecided

ETA

I havent quite mastered cutting evenly though....

Thanx Gran. I used the foam liners at first too, but these are less trouble for me, no preparation. I used the GE Silicon II Kitchen & Bath, 100% Silicon Sealant. I used putty knives to spread the sealant! I havent used my slabs yet, so I'm unsure how many bars I'll get out of that one, since I dont make big batches yet.:undecided

ETA

I havent quite mastered cutting evenly though....

I had my husband make me a cutter..like the ones you see on differents websites...It works great, I use a wavy cutter..

And it was alot cheaper..he made it out of left over materials..

I live about 2 hrs away..But I could be going that way in about 2 wks..if you would like one I could pick you up one and ship it to you...

I don't have any idea what shipping would be...

But for someone like me that doesn't sell it is perfect for me...

and my family and friends...

For $12.99 I don't know anywhere you can get molds any cheaper..

I live about 2 hrs away..But I could be going that way in about 2 wks..if you would like one I could pick you up one and ship it to you...

I don't have any idea what shipping would be...

But for someone like me that doesn't sell it is perfect for me...

and my family and friends...

For $12.99 I don't know anywhere you can get molds any cheaper..

OMG! I want at least one of these, if possible.

I'll send you a Fed Ex label via email to ship it, no fuss- just click and ship, it charges my account.

Ladies, you ROCK. :highfive:

Thanks for all the info, and pictures. I need these as tester molds, they are perfect.

OMG! I want at least one of these, if possible.

I'll send you a Fed Ex label via email to ship it, no fuss- just click and ship, it charges my account.

Ladies, you ROCK. :highfive:

Thanks for all the info, and pictures. I need these as tester molds, they are perfect.

I don't mind at all getting one for you...

You do realize that it has to be put together?

But it is not hard at all...I did mine myself..

Let me know for sure how many you want..

I don't mind at all getting one for you...

You do realize that it has to be put together?

But it is not hard at all...I did mine myself..

Let me know for sure how many you want..

I just realized you are in New York...

I looked online there are 2 Ikeas in New York...

I know they are pretty heavy..so shipping might be pretty high...to go that far..

Check and see if you are anywhere close to one....

I just realized you are in New York...

I looked online there are 2 Ikeas in New York...

I know they are pretty heavy..so shipping might be pretty high...to go that far..

Check and see if you are anywhere close to one....

Thank you for checking, the issue is they are not close to me, nor do they ship anything from the store. Sigh.

I am going to see if anyone a bit closer is going to an IKEA, that may be willing to indulge me. If not, I'm not worried about the shipping, no biggie. I may not be able to get this opportunity again anytime soon. :drool: