Has anyone used cocoa powder in lip balm?

SpaceGirl

awesome, thanks! I'll make sure to try it and post my results. I've got to make a few "chocolate themed" items for a show in May, and while I can do White Chocolate lip balms with cocoa butter being able to do a nice brown with cocoa powder will be a perfect addition.

I make a coffee lip balm by grinding coffee to a very very fine powder and mixing with the balm. I then strain the mixture. It turns the balm dark brown and then I add coffee flavor. People love it. You could do that and I think the coffee/chocolate mix would probable sell well.

I make a coffee lip balm by grinding coffee to a very very fine powder and mixing with the balm. I then strain the mixture. It turns the balm dark brown and then I add coffee flavor. People love it. You could do that and I think the coffee/chocolate mix would probable sell well.

Oh wow, that's a great idea!!! I could never get brown with the MMS lip colors, so I went to the cocoa powder. But using fine coffee to color with straining of course, sounds like a great idea.

Did you try coffee filters? I'm wondering if layering two or three of them might work...??

I have coffee butter that I use to make a Java lip balm, but the thought of using coffee grounds for color and even more scent is very appealing! :D

I did use coffee filters and the balm just didn't want to soak through. It would strain a little bit them cool and not drain anymore. I'd smush the cool balm back into the bowl and heat it up again and use a new coffee filter. I'm thinking some kind of screen would work but I don't have anything like that.

Maybe one of those gold coffee filters would work.