• Candle Number 1
    • Candle Number 2
    • Candle Number 3
    • Candle Number 4

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW - There is some stiff competition!!!! Had great fun though - will definitely do it again..... The candles are beautiful, and I'm the better chandler for having taken part.

We should come up with a "seasonal candle" competition. Every season - and no sooner is one over and another is upon us - we should make a candle to fit that season.

For example:

Jan: New Years Candle

Feb: Valentine's Day

Mar: St. Patrick's Day

Apr: Easter / Spring

May: Mothers Day

June: Fathers Day

July: 4th July - Independance Day

Aug: ....... We can come up with one.... Back to school maybe?!?!?

Sep: Fall

Oct: Halloween

Nov: Thanksgiving

Dec: Christmas / Hannukah / Kwanzaa or whatever someone celebrates...

It would be fun to get our creative juices flowing.....

I just wanted to say, that even though mine didn’t come out exactly as planned, I had a great time trying. I would definitely be up for doing this again. Maybe as mentioned above, we could some theme candles, like autumn, or Christmas, or the best use of the color blue, or something. Would be nice if we could get more to participate next time as well. We have so many talented people on this board. My congrats to everyone, they all look wonderful! :yay:

One thing I thought of - are we supposed to vote for the best dupe of the mottling itself or of the candle? Because I think that will really sway the results one way or the other.

Being honest, I think #2 is the best dupe of the mottling (which I think the maker was going for seeing that it seems like they only used a 3x3.5" mold), but #3 is the best dupe of the "overall" candle.

Guess I was wrong, but I thought the contest was to dupe the mottling?

(FYI - not trying to sway anyone's opinion, and I didin't compete - I already know I can't get the mottling! :))

WOW - There is some stiff competition!!!! Had great fun though - will definitely do it again..... The candles are beautiful, and I'm the better chandler for having taken part.

We should come up with a "seasonal candle" competition. Every season - and no sooner is one over and another is upon us - we should make a candle to fit that season.

For example:

Jan: New Years Candle

Feb: Valentine's Day

Mar: St. Patrick's Day

Apr: Easter / Spring

May: Mothers Day

June: Fathers Day

July: 4th July - Independance Day

Aug: ....... We can come up with one.... Back to school maybe?!?!?

Sep: Fall

Oct: Halloween

Nov: Thanksgiving

Dec: Christmas / Hannukah / Kwanzaa or whatever someone celebrates...

It would be fun to get our creative juices flowing.....

That IS a good idea.. For Aug. we could do back to school in your states main university colors (or whatever, just throwing ideas out there) and/or Arbor Day (tree colors, or embed tree, something like that-isn't Arbor Day in Aug?? lol)

But I DO like this idea!! :)

Margarittamama....there is something in August.....my daughter and best friend started the YaYa month....it is the 8th month so it is the infinity symbol. The month of the goddesses. (Also the month you don't weed anymore).....Donita

I think you all did an excellent job. Everyone deserves a round of applause! I like how this went. I really wanted to participate, but this weekend was plagued with a bunch of little emergencies. We have to do this again... goal-oriented creation adds a little spice, jogs the mind, and certainly provides motivation... a lot of fun. :)