Christmas/fall scents

LynnS

For the life of me I cannot sell these. People want the normal ones they get all the time or try a new one but sure not a holiday.I might be a little soon but wanted to get them in when I knew I would be doing a show.I am still booking some for this year.

Last year I got Campfire Smoke for a fall one.I chose that as a unique/different scent. Good but burned my nose sniffing. I did sell the 2 I had. People were amazed how real the scent was. This year I got Hayride. People liked it saying smells just like Fresh hay. Sold one and hoping to sell the other. Next year MIGHT come up with another different one that I think l people around here arent sure about.

I have 18 Christmas candles.I think I will forget about this next year.I do like Mistletoe, Christmas Rumball,Mulberry.Eggnog and Cranberry. Might just stick with those. I do not care for the piney ones except Mistletoe.

Do hoilday candles/scents sell for any of you? People go straight to the 8 ounce JJ in my area. I would Love to do Christmas mugs but they will be left over going into 2008 and beyond.

LynnS

It might still be a bit early since the temperatures (at least in my area) have not seemed very fall-like yet. As for your fall type scents, hayride & smoke may just be "too unique" for your crowd. Hey, if they like simple, keep it simple.

My holiday scents absolutely sell ... I agree with Deb, keep it simple. For example, Toasted Marshmallow from www.kycandlewaxsupplies.com is always a best seller ... I rename it Rice Krispy Treats for Christmas ... sometimes just changing the name makes a difference (you can always change the label after Christmas).

Other good sellers from last year were Banana Nut Bread, Cranberry Marmalade, Spiced Cranberry, Mistletoe, Brown Sugar, Gingerbread, Apple Danish, Mulled Cider, Cinnamon Stick, Pumpkin Spice, that's all I can think of right now. My most popular jar is the 8oz square mason jar.

Christmas scents sold well for me. I renamed them with Christmas names. For example, peppermint was candy cane, sugar cookie was named Santa's Sugar Cookies, etc. Then, when Christmas was over, I went back to their original name. I rarely had many left.

Here are the Christmas scents that I sold last year: Peppermint, Sugar Cookie, Home for the Holidays, Spruce Christmas Tree, and Egg Nog.

Pumpkin Spice & Home For The Holidays are my most two popular seasonal scents with anything bakery selling very well. Cap Hazelnut does very well too. I had a cranberry spice, pear spice & vanilla mint that did so-so, so I dropped them this year and replaced with vanilla bean noel, winter candy apple and apple cider (people love apple it seems and these 2 scents are very different). I sold 7.5oz. status jars last year and this year it's 8oz. crisa jars. My customers really like this size and the price point too.