Top Ten Best Sellers - YearRound/Fall/Winter

JacquiO

Getting geared up for the fall/winter? Please post your 10 best selling candle fragrances for the Fall/Winter and include ones that continuously sell well regardless of the season and where you purchase the FO.

If the name of the fragrance is obsure (for example - Jamaican Me Crazy) please feel free to add a brief description.

Let's all make a big boost in revenue this holiday season!

Cheers,

Jacqui

would you like us to include our special blends, additives, wicks, jars, and notes from the last 5 years of testing as well?
I am not willing to share things I have been developing for years. Carole

I respect your desire to stay competitive but I personally don't live with that kind of attitude in my heart. I have always believed what goes around comes around. If you don't care to share then simply don't. Otherwise please refrain from the comments.

This isn't about "big" secrets here. This about comparing trends in the marketplace so that everyone can be more successful. Many of our suppliers list their top sellers, why can't we? I'm going to start this off. I didn't have enough time this morning to put my list together. I'll have it posted soon.

-Jacqui

Girl,

Don't even worry about that craziness! Everyone knows you weren't looking for people's special secrets of their blends, etc...Anyway, what sells good for you, might not sell good for me...that's the way things go. Anyway, I have a scent called Island Pardise that, personally, I think it stinks; but...the people in PA love it. Go figure! Anyway, good luck with your list...I hope that everyone else is a little more friendly!

Shari

Here is some of our best sellers Jacqui:

1. Sweet Pea....Natures Garden....This one is our number 1 year round best seller

2. Black Cherry.....Candle Science.....number 3 yrbs

3. Dreamsicle....Bitter Creek North....this is our number 2 but black cherry is getting closer....yrbs

4. Blueberry Patch... Bitter Creek North....just started using and it is picking up really fast now....we think this one is a really good one with lots of potential.

5. Hot Baked Apple Pie....Natures Garden....always a favorite with everyone and is a very good seller.

6. Rose......Candle Science....we just started this one as well and it has been getting lots of attention.

7. Cinnamon Buns.....either Candle Science or BCN.....yummy! yrbs

8. China Rain.....Natures Garden....bs during the spring and summer mostly

9. Fresh Linen....Natures Garden....wonderfully fresh scent and popular year round.

10. Lilac.....either Candle Science/Natures Garden or BCN....they are all good fo's......sells really well in the spring and early summer months really well.

As you can see,I didn't list them in order 1-10....oh well...they all sell really well and that's what matters I guess.

Mike

1. Clean Cotton SOS – My hands down AYR #1 best seller. Can’t keep it on the shelf. The irony is I can’t stand it.

2. Banana Nut Bread CW – Another AYR Best seller.

3. Christmas Pine SOS – I renamed Christmas Tree, sells great at Christmas and AYR

4. Hot Apple Pie SOS – A great fall/winter seller

5. Christmas Dreams SOS – Surprisingly this one continues to sell the whole year through. I never take it off the shelf. It described as a blend of peppermint, chocolate and tangerine. It’s also my mother’s favorite.

6. Christmas Cookie SOS – extremely popular fall/winter.

7. Macintosh Apple SOS – Good fall/winter favorite. This one is really crisp and genuine to me.

8. Vanilla Royal SOS – Not your typical vanilla. Reminds me a little off Yankmee’s Buttercream. A lot of buttery notes. Sells well all AYR but increases in fall and winter

9. Lick Me All Over SOS – The last 2 kinda of tie in regards to sales. This one’s more popular with the ladies

10. Butt Naked SOS – This one’s more popular with the men folk

Well that’s pretty much my top ten sellers out of about 80 scents I try to keep in stock. I sell the bottled FO but change around 36 candle scents to fit the seasons. I know my list seems pretty run of the mill but I’ve noticed that in general customers tend to gravitate towards what they know.

What sells best is not necessarily the same as what one likes best. Only one of my favorites actually makes my best seller list – Banana Nut Bread. That’s why I think lists like this could be helpful in seeing what scents people tend to buy the most around this time of year.

Girl,

Anyway, what sells good for you, might not sell good for me...that's the way things go. Anyway, I have a scent called Island Pardise that, personally, I think it stinks; but...the people in PA love it. Go figure! Anyway, good luck with your list...I hope that everyone else is a little more friendly!

Shari

Shari makes a good point. Trends can vary from region to region. I should mention that live in southern New York State.

When I used to live in Florida. The Floridians I knew tended to go more for sweet and fruity smells like Sugar Cookie, Pina Colada & Buttercream.

New Yorker's tend to prefer the Aquatic and ozone smells - like Clean Cotton, Ocean breeze and Storm Watch. I think it has something to do with all the air pollution around here.

If you want to include where you sell great. If not, no biggy. I still think people can find things of value.

I'm in the midwest and my topsellers are:

1. Amish Harvest-TCS

2. Banana Nut Muffin-Bluegrass

3. Iced Gingerbread-Solas

4. Spiced Cran-BCN

5. CB Hotcakes-BCN

6. Pumpkin Cheesecake-BCS

7. Cappacino Brule-BCN

8. Orange Clove-Solas

9. Pumpkin Spice-BCN

10. Vanilla Bliss-ICS

Thanks to everyone who feels comfortable sharing their top scents -suppliers. A totally appropriate post for a fragrance discussion.:)

1) Banana Nut Bread - Snowtop/ICS

2) Orange Cupcake - my own blend

3) Amish Harvest - TCS

4) Apple Danish - Heartfelt

5) Lilacs in Bloom - Heartfelt

6) Blackberry Sage - AWE

7) Christmas Wreath - Willow Woods

8) This Old House - TCS

9) Citrus & Spice - Heartfelt

10) Christmas Splendor - TCS

Those were my top 10 for 2006. So far this year Banana Nut Bread is still #1 followed by Apple Danish and Lilacs in Bloom.

Karen

In no particular order:

1. Coconut Milk (Peaks)

2. Mango/Papaya (Peaks)

3. Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies (Daystar)

4. Apple

5. Vanilla Bean Noel (Wendy -- soon to be TN)

6. Lavender Vanilla (my own blend)

7. Pink Sugar (Peaks)

8. Cranberry Marmalade (new to my line, but selling fast & furious) (CS)

9. Apple Pie (Peaks)

10. Winter Blast (Wildfire)

Creme Brulee, Bird of Paradise, Monkey Farts, Git-R-Done, Moose Poop, Butt Naked, Strawberry Leather, Pomegranite, Fresh Cut Roses, Candy Corn, Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper, Banana Vanilla, Elvis Forever. See my tops are all different from everyone else. I also blend most of mine. So they are different than the ones you order. :D i

• 2 weeks later...
Creme Brulee, Bird of Paradise, Monkey Farts, Git-R-Done, Moose Poop, Butt Naked, Strawberry Leather, Pomegranite, Fresh Cut Roses, Candy Corn, Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper, Banana Vanilla, Elvis Forever. See my tops are all different from everyone else. I also blend most of mine. So they are different than the ones you order. :D i

Wow, Debra. How interesting - Strawberry Leather. I'm going to try that one today! Did you mix it yourself?

I have Cowboy Blues which seems to have way too much Tobacco. Thought about adding more leather to that. I might just add a little of each - Strawberry and Leather to see what happens. Way cool!