M&P Shaving soap question, need "slip"

dashmo37

I know that there are many clays but would like to know what would be best to add to DH's shaving soap for better slip. I have tried a ton of different soap combos and he is still complaing that they drag while shaving. FYI, the bases I use are all from Sfic. I have about given up and am ready to :tiptoe: off to the store and buy him some shaving soap!

i use 3/4 sfic shaving soap mixed with with 1/4 either gm or shea sfic soap base. i then add about 1 tbsp. pp of kaolin clay. i mix the clay with a small amount of hot mp base and stir until the clay has no lumps and is mixed well into base. i then add that to cooler base and stir until the base is thick and the clay is evenly suspended through out the mixed bases and the i pour it into whatever i am using as a mold or into a container.

hth,

cheryl

I've just recently started playing with shaving soap. I used Rhassouli clay and added 3% liquid silk, 2 TBL Castor Oil to the M&P base.

DH has a very course & thick beard and he is pleased with it, plus it did a great job on my legs :grin2: . (a quality razor helps too) I haven't tried any of the other clays yet.

I've just recently started playing with shaving soap. I used Rhassouli clay and added 3% liquid silk, 2 TBL Castor Oil to the M&P base.

DH has a very course & thick beard and he is pleased with it, plus it did a great job on my legs :grin2: . (a quality razor helps too) I haven't tried any of the other clays yet.

Thank you all for your replies. Now off to shop :D