Kaybee - question for you :)

:) I had once heard that the 415 ,KY Pure and EZSoy are all the same since they come from the same manufacturer. I see that you use both the EZsoy and the KY Pure. How do these two waxes compare to each other? Do you see any difference and if so, what are the differences? A few years back, I tested the KY Pure but can't remember how it compared to the EZSoy. Thanks!! :)

I hope no one minds me chiming in, since I use 415 and know of many suppliers who have it.

KyPure soy is a Golden Brands wax, but it is not 415. Their KySoy 125 is 415, though. EZ Soy is not 415, although it could be a Golden Brands wax too.

It appears that the 415 is a great "private label" brand of wax, that companies sell with their own label. I used to be in the wholesale tire business, and both Kelly and Cooper tire did the same thing, making a tire that a company could put it's name on and sell as it's own.

HTH! geek :)

They have a few different soy waxes. Not sure if it is a series of 415 or not.

ProductMelting PointDescriptionPack SizeLP402115-119 FPure Soy Blend. Single Pour.50lb CartonLP415S121-125 FPure Soy Blend. Single Pour.50lb CartonLP415SF121-125 FPure Soy Blend. Single Pour. Super Fine Flake.

50lb CartonPLAIN435121-125 FSoy/Cotton Blend. Single Pour.50lb CartonGW444115-124 FMade with Soy and other Natural Vegetable Waxes. Smooth Top. Single Pour Blend.50lb CartonGW449119-129 FMade with Soy and other Natural Vegetable Waxes. Smooth Top. Single Pour Blend.50lb CartonTart Blends

ProductMelting PointDescriptionPack SizeLP416130-135 FPure Soy Blend.50lb CartonPillar Blend

ProductMelting PointDescriptionPack SizeGW423138-141 FMade with Soy and other Natural Vegetable Waxes.

Recommend using a water bath to cure candles. Suggest adding beeswax or paraffin for added stability.50lb Carton

About a year ago there was a lengthy discussion on this (on the old board)when there was an issue with bad batches of soy waxes (see link below). Following the entire conversation, it was the consensus that a lot of the plain soys, like KY Puresoy, EZsoy and the like were all 415 waxes produced by Golden Foods and that they have private labeling. That is what I have always been told and have been inclined to believe. I am sure that Golden Foods and the people who private label it are not going to confirm this. I have also read that 415 (plain soy) is not the KY 125 (cottonseed blend), but really Golden Foods 435 wax. I could be wrong about this, wouldnt' be the first time. One thing though is that there was a discussion on here not that long ago where the EZsoy and KY Puresoy were discussed and mod Vicky believed that these waxes were nearly the same. I have tested them both and I can say that the EZsoy performs the same for me as the KY Puresoy did. Reason for switching was because BCS is closer and the shipping is cheaper.

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=veggiewax;action=display;num=1108320843;start=

I remembered that whole thread too. I can get the 415 at a place closer to me which will save on shipping quite a bit . If the 415 is very similar to the EZ, then I was thinking of trying it since I like the EZ wax and don't want to sacrifice the awesome cold throw as well hot throw. I am currently testing the 444 and pretty much like it except the cold throw.

Meridith, just to be on the safe side, I would try a sample bag of the 415, just to make sure it will perform like you want it to. I had remembered that thread, but wasn't that involved in it because the Puresoy I was using wasn't giving me any issues at the time.