Make something to hold pants legs in boots?

Darbla

I have no idea what this is called so I can't google for it. But you know how when you slide your feet into boot, and you want the pants legs to go in the boots, but they ride up? Can't something be easily made to hold the pants leg down? Maybe some piece of elastic that will go under your foot? I just can't figure out how to make it anchor to the pants legs without being bulky enough to poke in me.

I might try safety pins, but it'd be awful if one can undone and then pulling your leg out made it stick in you further.

Guest OldGlory

Off Broadway Shoes sells those clips in pairs. Yes, you can buy the materials from, say, Hobby Lobby and make them yourself. You just measure out the length of elastic (up to an inch wide), leave enough to wrap around and sew down the ends of the clip portion, and viola! A few years ago a friend of mine was making the single end clips with elastic for babies - to hold onto the pacifier. Same idea, but with the clips on both ends for pants in boots.

I always just fold my pants so that they are tight against my leg and then slide into the boot. I don't wear dress boots that are like this, but I wear my muck boots a LOT and this has worked since I was a child.

I remember coming up with a "thing" when I was little, before velcro etc that was a scrap piece of fabric that wrapped around my leg and then I put a button at the end to hold it in place. It held my pants, folded up against my leg so that they didn't come out of my boot. I mainly did this when I spent hours outside playing in the snow, but over time the button got on my nerves and I stopped. I'm sure something easy could be made with elastic and velcro as well.

Edited by Chefmom

Yes, it does work. I am glad that it was removed. I am also glad that my soon-to-be 15 year old son was not peaking over my shoulder when I spotted that pic. LOL! I think I could talk my way out of it with my little ones, but a teenaged boy- no way. :naughty: