What do you do with rejects?

Curiousity question. What do you do with your experiments when you don't like the results...such as you pour several different containers with a different mix in each one, but you don't like the look of it for one reason or another. Do you remelt the wax and change the mix slightly and repour? Burn it for the heck of it? Throw the wax out and start over?

Just curious since I have poured several in the past week that I didn't like the look of, I know that I'm not going to try to get the wick right in it because the next batch will be different....hate to waste it though...but I need my containers for new rounds. What do you do with your rejects?

Thanks,

C

If it is just the look, I burn them myself....

However, if the wick doesn't work I just pull it out and stick in the next size I want to try....

If all else fails and as a candle it is worthless, I melt the wax and pour into muffin papers to use in the fireplace......

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say the 'mix doesn't work'.....I don't mix waxes or use additives in containers so my wax is always good for something....:rolleyes2

If it is just the look, I burn them myself....

However, if the wick doesn't work I just pull it out and stick in the next size I want to try....

If all else fails and as a candle it is worthless, I melt the wax and pour into muffin papers to use in the fireplace......

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say the 'mix doesn't work'.....I don't mix waxes or use additives in containers so my wax is always good for something....:rolleyes2

Well you might say I'm having some issues. I've got a wax that does not work well for me. I had a theory on the FO %'s that I was using...so several are made with varying %'s as well as with additives. none worked....so each candle is a mix of different variables.

If I don't like the way they look, I usually give some to my daughter and burn some in my own home. Even if they don't burn right, at least my house smells good! Sometimes, I melt them down and repour them into different containers and then test burn them to see how they work.

My daughter just likes the fact she can get candles for free even if they don't burn right! Saves her a lot of money buying candles that aren't even as good as the bad ones I make. LOL

;)

I can't throw them away either. I have around 3 boxes of fuglys that I think someday I'll remelt and make something else. If nothing else they sure did come in handy during hurricanes with 11 days without power the first time and 7 days without 3 weeks later. If it's a wick problem I put in a new wick and retest. Every once in a while I pull one out and burn it.

I've saved or given away a bunch that didnt work, I have a shelf full for power outtages....lol...I could light every house on my street...my mom likes my rejects....she thinks everything is pretty...

I have started making tarts out of a lot of my rejects, they work really well!

I keep the rejects in a box in my closet. I like to melt them down and make melts or tea lights. Then I can reuse my jars too. Making something new out of the old wax makes me feel better-- and the tea lights are easy to store and use up whenever I feel like it.