Here is a link to my YouTube channel with all 25+ additives and combos of a couple additives so you can see for yourself how a pinch of something or a sub of something for water can make a big difference.
Make sure to hit the Videos link at the top to see a list of all the videos numbered from 1-26 if you want to see more than the 3-4 youtube pulls in the quick query.
Sink Test Quickie Links:
1 & 1A) No adds or subs (basic recipe: control bars one at 5% SF and one at 8% sf) ~1a Sink Test Video Control Sink Video
2) Sodium Lactate .25 oz/ppo ~ Sink Test Video
3) Sugar (granular) 1 TBSP/ppo ~Sink Test Video
4) Honey 1 TBSP/ppo Sink Test Video
5) Silk ~ N/A
6) Rosin - Sink Test Video
7) Bentonite Clay Sink Test Video
8) Tetrasodium EDTA Sink Test Video
9) Goats' Milk subbed for all the water (used powdered) ~Sink Test Video
10) Aloe juice subbed for all the water ~Sink Test Video
11 & 11a) Coconut Milk subbed for all the water SD note:(canned AND powdered) 11 Sink Test Video 11a Sink Test Video
12) Beer 12 oz subbed for an equal amount of the water Sink Test Video
13) Powdered - Replaced with Fresh Goat Milk ~ Sink Test Video
14) Evaporated Milk (the stuff in the cans) ~ Sink Test Video
15) Powdered Sugar (1 TBS PPO Used)~Sink Test Video
16) Kaolin Sink Test Video
17) Cetyl Alcohol ~ Sink Test Video
18) Beeswax (not necessarily a lather enhancer, but some claim it changes/decreases the lathering properties.)
19) Oat Milk Sink Test Video
20) Yogurt ~ Sink Test Video
21) Sorbitol ~ Sink Test Video
22) Sodium Citrate ~ Sink Test Video
23) PKO sub for Coconut-Voluntary Sink Test Video
24) Kefir ~ Sink Test Video
25) Sodium Citrate and Sorbitol ~ Sink Test Video
Conclusion: Yes. Additives can make a big difference in both enhancing and decreasing lather. Sometimes less is more.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.