Leaky Clamshell

jackbenimble

Does anyone else experience this? Every so often I will have a clamshell that has a leak and is ruined. It just happened to me this afternoon. That's why I thought I'd post. Seems like 1 in 50 have a tiny hole that I can't see and it leaks everywhere.

I got from the same co/op...impacts

This is my first time doing clams in quantity and it happened to me the other day to- went every where but I pour when it almost gets cloudy so half of it was saved and I used it for myself

I probably poured 60 before that 1 one bad one- probably just something that happens once in awhile- I couldn't see a hole or crack either

Ok, good, because I picked through those damn things one by one and pulled the very few that had crappy quality. I haven't had time to pour them yet and was sweating like crazy!

It's not your fault. So far In the last two days I've only had one do that. So no worries. Hehe ;-)

Bliss- its not your fault at all- going thru them all And inspecting them was extremely nice of you! It's a manufacturer issue that I am sure is hard for them to inspect everyone of them for tiny flaws- now if it was happening a lot I would want to contact them and complain but 1 out of about 60 for me so far is no biggy_ good testers for what is left after the leak stops!

I'm thinking the same thing. The ones that are difficult to separate.

I run into an occasional clamshell that leaks from Impact. Maybe 1 every case. But the co-op where I got e-clamshells from I had several leak (like 10 in 300).

Are you having trouble separating them? That seems to cause them to crack.

• 4 years later...

Revisiting this thread as I may start pouring clam shells and looking for a source.  Reading reviews on a number of candle supply websites, leaking seems to be a problem for some.  Is there a "best" clam shell to buy as far as leaking is concerned?

Goldie