What is your #1, VERY favorite FO?

Oatmeal Milk & Honey from Millcreek. I've been pouring this for about 5 years and it's still my favorite. Luv it!

I just started my tester candles in this with 415 soy and it is very good!!! Love it so far

The melts I made with PB/excel are super strong but don't last long so I hope the candle keeps burning strong!

I can't pick one oil, but one category. Earthy-spicy. Right now the two testers that I keep burning for my own enjoyment are Peak's Amish Harvest and NG Gingered Bergamot. I have NO idea why they call it Gingered Bergamot. I smell "Earthy-Herby-Forest-Garden". I might use that one for a body lotion.

Edited by Chefmom

I can't pick one oil, but one category. Earthy-spicy. Right now the two testers that I keep burning for my own enjoyment are Peak's Amish Harvest and NG Gingered Bergamot. I have NO idea why they call it Gingered Bergamot. I smell "Earthy-Herby-Forest-Garden". I might use that one for a body lotion.

Oh wow, that sounds awesome, and right up my alley! I'm glad you said that because I would've passed over trying it next time I order "Cracklin Birch". ladysj is making me want to check out "Tinsel" too!

Hands Down Nature's Garden "Tinsel" I love love love love it :D

I remember hearing about tinsel before- I forgot to try it- maybe now that I am using 415 NG oils will work for me- I love their price and CS and I get my CD wicks there

Edited by moonshine

Oh wow, that sounds awesome, and right up my alley! I'm glad you said that because I would've passed over trying it next time I order "Cracklin Birch". ladysj is making me want to check out "Tinsel" too!

I still have no idea why I chose that FO. It was one of those days when you are just made INSANE by the number of FO on the Natures Garden site, and you just sit and read, and read, and place the 1 ounce samples in the cart, then you realize that you are somewhere around $100. Well, it was late winter and I had been burning ONLY winter fragrances and I was looking for something Spring and Summer and ordered a bunch of florals to test. Their comments are "Natures Garden Gingered Bergamot Fragrance: An exotic fragrance with citrus top notes of bergamot surrounded with nuances of freshly ground ginger combined with notes of sandalwood, cedar, Indian patchouli, and sweet basil. "

I think the sandalwood and patchouli caught my eye, because I like those, but many comments say that they can pick up the fresh ginger. Now, I'm a Baker/Cook and I use fresh ginger a LOT in my tea and I do NOT pick up fresh ginger. Maybe dried ginger, and out of the bottle that one smelled a LOT like.........dirt. But it came to life in the wax and is on my "A" list.

Also, I really like Cracklin' Birch as well. But I think I like Peak's "Winter Wonderland" just a notch better.

My favorite is Autumn Harvest from LS! Btw- what would you call that blend? I, stumped.

Oh, I don't blend them all Jack....They are just all favorites that I can't pick one from. The AH/Mulberry blend I haven't named yet b/c I won't be selling until this fall. My testers get it labeled with what means nothing to them but lets me know which are working.

Edited by jeanie353
typo

I feel compelled to pester you for the mix too. Lavender and orange are great together, but I would not have thought eucalyptus would've been congruent enough. Even though all three scents are commonly used to scent cleaning products so obviously they give off an ambiance of "clean", I just wouldn't have thought to put eucalyptus with the other two.

• 4 years later...

While doing a search I ran across this old thread....how on earth can you pick just one favorite? :)

However, if I had to, I would probably pick RE's Baked Apple (Home Interiors type) just as the very first person to comment did.

I found some of the answers very interesting...and astounding.  Patchouli?  Really?!  Just goes to show we all have different noses, that's for sure. And that's a good thing.

Some favorites mentioned, I haven't even tried yet, and I have close to 150 different FO's.  I have tried NG's Tinsel....but it is far from my hands down favorite.  

Anyone else care to chime in and see if you can name one favorite FO?

I don't know if I could pick just one either. Before I ever started doing this I would've said banana nut bread no question! Now it would be a toss up between banana nut bread, Mrs. Claus cookies, pumpkin pie spice, gingerbread cookies, cherry almond biscotti, and I can't even think of all the ones I like now. I would probably still gravitate toward banana nut bread though LOL!

• Like 2