Tart wax help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbsumner

I use KY 133 which is a granulated wax (it is seriously like sand) and super easy to use. It is a paraffin wax. I get it at Rustic Escentuals. 5 pounds is like $8.95. Shipping is not inexpensive from anyplace I have ordered and as an individual user who is just buying enough to fuel my own habit, it can add up. I also have been using IGI 4794. It comes in 10 pound increments and is $18-$20.

I did a wax test last night, through the night and this morning and I cannot tell a difference in these 2 waxes.

I followed the brittle tutorial on Rustic Escentuals website and as someone who is NOT crafty (AT ALL), I did great.

I do try and buy bags and FO's from the place I buy wax since shipping from anyone seems high.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought nothing but a candle thermometer, wax and FO to start.

I used a stainless pot nested into another pot as a double boiler.

Since then I have purchased a non-stick cookie sheet, 2 Wilton silicone molds, a scale and actual double boiler insert.

Other than that I have just purchased wax, FO's and cello bags. I do not dye my wax.

Today I ordered Avery round Kraft labels so that I can label the cello bags with scent name and I got a yard of unbleached muslin to tear into strips for tying the bags. The labeling will help for my use (I list FO name, wax used and where each were purchased on the bags) both will make the bags nicer looking for giving away.