Tart wax help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbsumner

I use to use.....6098 perfect amazing wax!! Well either everyone is stopping carring it or it has gone up 30.00

I have been told 4794 was good OMG this is the hardest wax on the planet and no scent at all! :mad:

Then i went to Lonestar and they "say" they have a wax just for tart making well I ordered a 10lb just to try :shocked2: OMG this wax is horrable too, so hard it just smothers the oils to death and there is NO scent hardly at all! please help does anyone know of a wax close to 6098 that I can try PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE:yay::yay::yay:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use to use.....6098 perfect amazing wax!! Well either everyone is stopping carring it or it has gone up 30.00

I have been told 4794 was good OMG this is the hardest wax on the planet and no scent at all! :mad:

Then i went to Lonestar and they "say" they have a wax just for tart making well I ordered a 10lb just to try :shocked2: OMG this wax is horrable too, so hard it just smothers the oils to death and there is NO scent hardly at all! please help does anyone know of a wax close to 6098 that I can try PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE:yay::yay::yay:

http://www.letitshineusa.com/proddetail.asp?prod=6098

So in your opinion 4794 is not a good tart wax? I have been toying with the idea of testing some of that for tarts because everyone seems to think it is a good choice.

Sorry but I have no idea what wax is LIKE 6098. Never even heard of it until today. :)

So in your opinion 4794 is not a good tart wax? I have been toying with the idea of testing some of that for tarts because everyone seems to think it is a good choice.

Sorry but I have no idea what wax is LIKE 6098. Never even heard of it until today. :)

The website I referred the OP to for cheaper 6098 ($17.95) also refers to it as "Victory Blend". Maybe that's a better known name? Seems like I remember seeing it by that name somewhere..

I clicked on the link and checked it out. I think I remember people referring to "Victory Blend" from time to time but it looks like it is a container blend.

I read posts of people raving about 4794. I think this is the first time I heard someone say it was horrible for tarts.

I've never used the 6098, so no help/opinions here about that one. The 4794 does have a very good HT but fizzles out very quickly; the 4794 does not get a passing mark from me, but if you mix it with another wax, you'll get rid of whatever 4794 you have left and the HT will be good (I mix it with a soy).

I use TCS wax; have used it for years, but I don't know if it is similar to the 6098. If you really like the 6098, try contacting DPS Morris. Here is the link; HTH

http://www.dpswax.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=11-6098

That was the same wax I used when I started making tarts just over a year ago, I have to agree it is a wonderful wax. I bought it from Candles and Supplies and it was listed as IGI R9798/6098 - the hot throw is amazing with 99% of the oils I tested with it. I stopped using it because it got much too expensive.

I have to agree with Ravens when it comes to the 4794, the HT fizzles out much too quickly. I mix it 50/50 with either the 415 or 464 and get a good HT that lasts longer then using the 4794 alone - but I'm still not 100% happy with it. I may go back to the 6098 for my personal use, but if I decide to start selling my tarts, I will have to come up with something less expensive that matches the HT of the 6098. When I started this hobby, I never knew one had to be a rocket scientist to get a decent HT! lol

DP Morris has it:

http://www.dpswax.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=PBL

Yes it is easy to wick but i use it for tarts! it is great its parifin and soy so it pops out just great Hate the 4794 Hot throw isnt great and ct is bad too!!!

Thank you :) I just ordered a 10 lb trial slab from DP Morris. It was only $18.00 which is quite close to what I pay for other 10 lb trials. I should have it for the weekend so that will be fun :yay:

Well I guess now I am going to have to give it a try too darnit (haha) I didnt like 4794 either. I thought it had good HT for about the first 3 hours and then after that the scent was gone, gone, gone.... Currently I use a paraffin container/pillar blend for my tarts but I am always looking for something else that might be even better.

Well I guess now I am going to have to give it a try too darnit (haha) I didnt like 4794 either. I thought it had good HT for about the first 3 hours and then after that the scent was gone, gone, gone.... Currently I use a paraffin container/pillar blend for my tarts but I am always looking for something else that might be even better.

I know right! I'm quite pleased with what I use for tarts and container wax yet I always have to try out something new. Don't think I'll ever realize the grass is green enough....I blame it all on the addiction :cheesy2:

Edited by jeanie353

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having really good results with 6098 for tarts. I mixed in a little CBL129 to help firm it up a bit. Tried it in a container...not so much luck there w/wicking yet.

I use 4794 mixed with 6006 since I have a big supply of the 6006. Works well. Was trying to find a way to use up the 6006 and it makes nice tarts blended 25% up to 50% with 2794.

On my 2nd day of a melt with this combo :)

I have used 4794 with 4630, 4794 with 6006 & 4794/4625 and none of those combos gave me a throw that lasted longer than about 4 hours. I chalked it up to the 4794, being that was the common denominator. I was using anywhere from 6% to 12% load. I heated the wax to 180-185 and then added FO, stirred & poured. I finally gave up on the 4794 and now I am using 4625/4630 and so far I am having the best results. I am not sure why I couldnt get a good long lasting throw with 4794 but I gave up on that wax. I think I might order some 6098 and give that a try. My only concern is that I only make tarts, and I make them in silicone molds so since this is a container wax I will need to add something to it to firm it up. I will probably add a bit of 4625 and see how that combo works.

I have used 4794 with 4630, 4794 with 6006 & 4794/4625 and none of those combos gave me a throw that lasted longer than about 4 hours. I chalked it up to the 4794, being that was the common denominator. I was using anywhere from 6% to 12% load. I heated the wax to 180-185 and then added FO, stirred & poured. I finally gave up on the 4794 and now I am using 4625/4630 and so far I am having the best results. I am not sure why I couldnt get a good long lasting throw with 4794 but I gave up on that wax. I think I might order some 6098 and give that a try. My only concern is that I only make tarts, and I make them in silicone molds so since this is a container wax I will need to add something to it to firm it up. I will probably add a bit of 4625 and see how that combo works.

I think that might work out for you. I find CBL129 to be very close to 4625 and have interchanged them for votives when I needed wax in a hurry. DP Morris gets it to me the next day.

I'm having really good results with 6098 for tarts. I mixed in a little CBL129 to help firm it up a bit. Tried it in a container...not so much luck there w/wicking yet.

If you dont mind sharing, what percentage of CBL129 are you adding to the 6098 to make your tarts firm enough? Also, do you use clamshells or molds for your tarts? I ordered some 6098 but for now I am using my 4630/4625. Usually I use a 50/50 blend but tonight I tried them at 75/25 (4630 having the 75%) to see how they would do. They are in the freezer now and they seem to be holding their shape but not sure how they will fare once I stick them in cello bags.