Indiana Candle Supply favorites?

classiccandle

I'm thinking about ordering some FO's from ICS to use in GB415 soy wax. I've never ordered from this company before so can you recommend some of your favorites or best sellers?

Thanks!

Note: I did do a search but it seems most people abbreviate with ICS and the search function won't bring back any results when using ICS as the search term.

This time of year my favs are;

pumpkin pie ice cream

vanilla frosted grahams

sugared spruce alone or I mix it with millcreek's cinnamon sticks.

Pumpkins & pralines--really love this one.

I also use gb415 & I get awesome throws with these.

I cure my candles and melts (both are 415) no less than 5 days, preferably more than a week if I can hold off that long. The fragrance load depends on the fragrance. For instance, with Asian Sandalwood from Peak 1 oz pp is enough but with The Sugar Cookie from Only Fragrance I use 1.5. I'm finding that a lot of people use 1-2 cubes at a time of the melts and expect them to smell throughout their entire house, regardless of the variables. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. The best thing I've learned about business is you can't, and don't need to, please everyone.

I do as you do, about 5 days + but I was wondering if these ones they were talking about from ICS took any more than that or the great throws were about this cure time.

I know what you mean about the melt people, who in my opinion have gotten bad advice from somewhere - I mean a glade plug in in your bathroom isn't going to scent your whole house -- that's just common sense but customers are weird I say!

I personally run FOUR melters in my house if I want the whole place to smell lovely (you know when company comes over LOL) I have 1 in the kitchen, 1 in dining room, 1 in bathroom and 1 in living room. that was off topic but yeah ... lol

Cactus & Sea Salt, I didn't think I wood like it much until I put it in wax and I have been intrigued by the fragrance ever since. I haven't finished testing it yet so it is not included in my line but I am sure it will sell well. The people that I use for R&D of my new fragrances are equally intrigued and have given me very positive reports.

I received my oils today and they're all strong OOB. I hope they smell that good in wax! I'm pouring testers today and tomorrow of each and will let them cure for a week, then test. I'll let you know how each turns out.

Lorelei, does the April Fresh Downey smell better than Peaks Downy Fresh? I didn't care much for it but if AFD is better I'd be willing to give it a try.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

I'm on the verge of an order too!!! Have you tested these yet classic?

Thanks in advance!

I received my oils today and they're all strong OOB. I hope they smell that good in wax! I'm pouring testers today and tomorrow of each and will let them cure for a week, then test. I'll let you know how each turns out.

Lorelei, does the April Fresh Downey smell better than Peaks Downy Fresh? I didn't care much for it but if AFD is better I'd be willing to give it a try.

Thanks!