Greetings from a new forum member

Kawboy888

Honestly, I cracked up reading your post. Welcome, Rich!

Stella, I have been using forums for a long time, I appreciate you defending me but there's no need for it. People form clicks in this forums so if you step on someones toes indirectly, they wage war and their little friends get involved. If I hurt someones feelings by stating my opinions that were never directed towards anyone specific, then so be it. That's their problem, not mine. So when they complain, I don't worry too much about it. In fact I guess that they feel better about complaining, so if i can be an outlet of stress for those individuals, then i am all for it. I will gladly take the brunt of someones desire to lash out online if it makes them feel better about themselves. I have thick skin and am glad to be of service. But thanks again Stella for your kind words.

Stella, I have been using forums for a long time, I appreciate you defending me but there's no need for it. People form clicks in this forums so if you step on someones toes indirectly, they wage war and their little friends get involved. If I hurt someones feelings by stating my opinions that were never directed towards anyone specific, then so be it. That's their problem, not mine. So when they complain, I don't worry too much about it. In fact I guess that they feel better about complaining, so if i can be an outlet of stress for those individuals, then i am all for it. I will gladly take the brunt of someones desire to lash out online if it makes them feel better about themselves. I have thick skin and am glad to be of service. But thanks again Stella for your kind words.

Kawboy....If you are referring to my post, I am not in any click with anyone. I also have no desire to complain and have not until I nicely asked you...as a new person...to not be sarcastic. Trust me...I don't need you to make me feel better about myself. I simply would like the board to stay up and running which you most likely have no clue what I am talking about but I will leave it at that.

Richard, we had this forum closed for a while just before you joined. In part, it was over an attack by one member towards another and the owner / admins just have other things to do during the day than to deal with it. If you want to come in here and stir it up and get this shut down again, then there are a lot of non gel folks that would be quite disappointed.

Yes, its your thread and I'll leave you to your "I love me" thing here. However, it is posted on the forum for public viewing and I'm pretty sure nobody "owns" a thread or has the right to violate the rules. Personal attacks have little value and since you are such an expert on forums and cliques, etc, you know that very few forums allow personal attacks.

I will be posting in other threads, including in this gel forum, but clearly not for the reasons that you articulated above. You're dead wrong about me and that's your problem, not mine. (Might want to revisit that scientific method since you are a "chemist" because the assumptions you made don't follow the investigative/clarification/hypothesis/theory method.) You will not be coming into my threads or any postings I have in other people's threads just to insult. I'll be asking you to leave if you do. We are about learning, not insulting.

I offered the friendly advice to play nice in the sand box. Your response refusing to do so is quite clear.

Edited by EricofAZ

Richard, we had this forum closed for a while just before you joined. In part, it was over an attack by one member towards another and the owner / admins just have other things to do during the day than to deal with it. If you want to come in here and stir it up and get this shut down again, then there are a lot of non gel folks that would be quite disappointed.

You might want to go back and read again. The forum was shut down because certain members couldn't handle the truth and blasted Admin with crybaby complaints. Nobody was attacked.

I find kawboy's posts refreshing. He seems to know what he's talking about and puts it on the line instead of blowing the bandwidth with endless copy/pastes to shore up his opinions. I don't do gel and have never burned a gel; if I were thinking about it (I'm not), I would listen to what he has to say. If you feel insulted by him, don't respond back. It boggles my mind that people get their feathers ruffled so easily.

The forum was shut down because certain members couldn't handle the truth and blasted Admin with crybaby complaints
Since you seem to know the scoop on this, please tell us all which one(s) of us had the audacity to complain to the Admin so we will not have to listen to you continue to blame those who had the nerve to exercise their right to free speech as you so frequently do. Or is this, like your assumption that "certain members couldn't handle the truth," just another of your opinions? Edited by Stella1952

Gentlemen, please. Some decorum... As we have been advised by the site admin, if one is unhappy with the comments of another, we are free to ignore and NOT comment back.
Since you seem to know the scoop on this, please tell us all which one(s) of us had the audacity to complain to the Admin so we will not have to listen to you continue to blame those who had the nerve to exercise their right to free speech as you so frequently do. Or is this, like your assumption that "certain members couldn't handle the truth," just another of your opinions?

You need to heed your own words!! :cool2:

The market on gel candles fell out about 7 years ago. At that time I had the biggest gel candle store on Ebay. I do not use a website and I don't make very many gel candles anymore. I actually joined this forum to offer advice and sell of my supplies.

what was your ebay seller name?

Also, your candles are not all that especially the x-mas one with a santa floating about.

Edited by Ring of Fire

Erico, You were the one that started this, look back. I never directed anything at anyone until you came into my thread with your ignorant advice. If you can't handle someone responding to you, I would suggest you stop offering your worthless two cents. By the way, you're welcome for finding the dolphin embeds. In regards to my background as a chemist, umm, you got the methodology wrong, it was a nice attempt to show off but the hypothesis (note the spelling) actually comes first. And you're wrong, I do own this post, you're more than welcome to add to it but if you think anyone is going to bow down to you, you're sadly mistaken.

You need to heed your own words!! :cool2:

Thanks for reminding me of that by demonstrating your lack of understanding of the concept. Others have attempted to keep order in the ranks and you did not reply to their messages, only mine, so please feel free to ignore mine as well. When a member posts accusations, I am free to question them about their statements just as you are free to question this new member in his "welcome" thread and share your disparaging opinion about some of the work he freely shared.

Fact checking Rich's story took a very quick search by Google. Would also have answered the previous question about mandles.

Sorry for the hijack, Rich. Carry on.

Thanks for reminding me of that by demonstrating your lack of understanding of the concept. Others have attempted to keep order in the ranks and you did not reply to their messages, only mine, so please feel free to ignore mine as well. When a member posts accusations, I am free to question them about their statements just as you are free to question this new member in his "welcome" thread and share your disparaging opinion about some of the work he freely shared.

HUH?? Why would I comment on his work at all, it's gel and I don't make gel candles, have no interest in them and actually think gel candles are ugly and not my cup of tea. Oh well nevermind Stella........you go ramble some more, the voices in your head are calling!! :cool2:

Also, your candles are not all that especially the x-mas one with a santa floating about.

I'm still trying to figure out what that Home Depot junk is in that one candle. At first I thought those things were candy bars. Maybe it's a Mandle junk yard man thingy.

HUH?? Why would I comment on his work at all, it's gel and I don't make gel candles, have no interest in them and actually think gel candles are ugly and not my cup of tea. Oh well nevermind Stella........you go ramble some more, the voices in your head are calling!! :cool2:

Oh, my, that part you quoted. Did she say we have 'ranks' here? I did not know that. I wonder what my number is. It's obvious those of us who've been making candles a good long while have her number.

Gotta love that ignore button!

puplaugh.gif

Adjust your glasses sliver and look again. I do apologize for the very low quality pictures, they are quite old. It is a NASCAR candle. And please don't use the old "love the ignore button" thing. That is so childish.

Honey, it's not you I have on ignore.

I'm not interested enough to look again.

Sweetheart, that's much better. The honey thing just sounds way too southern. And I'm a northern redneck so we can't behaving the whole southern thing going on. I'm not missing your point. The fact is no one cares who you are ignoring. You just look like a child that is trying to spite someone when you publically say that you are ignoring them.

Adjust your glasses sliver and look again. I do apologize for the very low quality pictures, they are quite old. It is a NASCAR candle. And please don't use the old "love the ignore button" thing. That is so childish.

Wow! You were actually selling these were you? Can you say "trademark infringement"?