Car Air Fresheners

ksranch

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That shoe is one of my biggest sellers! I got it from cookiecutters.com. They call it a slipper. I actually got a Red Hat set that has tea cup, hat, shoe and tea pot. I don't see that set anymore, but they do have a Ladies Day Out set.

Has anyone had one of these melt in a hot car? I noticed on the instructions from one of the suppliers that there was a caution about using them in a hot car. Just curious.

I've had them in my truck during the summer when the heat index is well over 100 and never once had any issues. I've sold tons of these and personally use them myself and I've never had an issue or had a customer come back and tell me they had an issue with melting. IMO the hotter the vehicle the better the scent.

I actually had one melt last month - my own dumb fault. I parked facing the afternoon sun and put my silver reflective sun shade up...but I left the ornie trapped between the shade and the window. It didn't actually melt, just got really soft and pulled off the elastic. I've had one hanging in my car for probably the last 3 years (gotta test ya know!) and this was the first one to ever melt.

I've never seen them there, but then I haven't looked. From previous discussions, all aroma beads are not created equal. I get mine from BCN but I know there are other suppliers.

You can say that again!! I used to get mine from Alabaster but they stopped carrying them for whatever reason. They were OOS forever then just disappeared from the site. I hope the new Community place will start to carry the same ones again. They were the best I'd found. BCN is the next closest. I've tried many others and just didn't care for them (whether they took forever and a day to absorb, to not baking down enough to my liking). I had some that I had to bake a long time to get them melted down enough and then couldn't get them out of the molds. Had to throw them away and cut the heck outta my hand trying to get them out. I'd strongly recommend BCN if you want to try them out.

Thanks for the heads up! There are so many things I want to try out but I can't spend any extra money right now. My daughter's National Cheer Competition is the end of next month. Travel & Competition fees for that is taking up every extra dollar we bring in! She is very dedicated and is already looking into college scholarships for cheerleading and she's only 12! I guess that makes it worth it.

Aztec Candle Supply sells really good beads. I have used them for over a year with no problems.

That's where I got the ones from that just didn't want to melt down good enough and I had to throw them away (melted beads in the molds) b/c I couldn't get them out. They also took forever to absorb the FO. I was not happy at all with the beads as far as using them for car fresheners. Just my experience though.

People, people, you should see MY ornies!

I tried, and instead of looking like a gingerbread man, they all came out looking like the monster of the blue lagoon; awful, just awful. My husband took a look and said "Damn, you're right, those are some ugly things..." My daughter laughed her butt off and added her several other comments. Then they see my face and go, "Oh, come on, they're not that bad"; they turn and I hear them snickering, umph! So I gave up on ornies right then and there. Still have no idea where I went wrong.

It's cardboard air fresheners for me.

The shoe shaped ornies are so cute; if I tried to make those they'd probably turn out looking like shaggy floppy slippers, lol

Are the aroma beads know as or called something else? I am dying to get my hands on some of these, but they don't appear to be available down here in Oz. Just dont know if there is enough profit in bringing 20 lbs in from the States.

I make these as well, but do them for both car air fresheners and Christmas tree ornaments. I hang the ones for the tree on a ribbon to make it look glitzier, and add glitter to the top of the beads before they are cooked. Turns out beautifully. If you guys are still looking for them cheaply, try www.aromabeadsonline.net

They also have bags and elastic and the aroma rocks too as well as a bunch of potpourri stuff. Not half bad, but their FO supply seems a bit expensive.

I'm not too far for them myself, so didn't know how bad shipping further out would be. To me it didn't cost a whole lot. Sorry.

Yeah I am probably about 15,000 kms further from them than you are :)

My comment was more about why they are charging more than double what the stated USPS flat rate international charges are.....oh well....guess I will have to find them somewhere else..