No scent throw in my soy candles...help, please?

OK, so, BPP - are you using the same wicks as in your first post?

Pre-tabbed Cotton Core Wicks (C-60).

I am not familiar with the sizing on those... the 3" container will take a medium-large wick - something around the size of a CDN 14. The temp at which you melted your dyes was an issue... may be clogging the wick. It's also possible that your lilac is simply a very faint scent... Do you have any photos we could look at?

I have heard that vanilla is one of the more difficult FOs for soy, I have a bunch to try but am working on other issues. Candle Science has one called Very Vanilla which some say works well, just so happens they are having a sample sale I believe. I did try the Cotton Core wicks from Peak's in 464 and found the CDs still worked better for me. If curing will work with this FO it could take weeks to smell a difference, I have some candles/FOs that never got strong.

I have heard that vanilla is one of the more difficult FOs for soy... Candle Science has one called Very Vanilla which some say works well

I have not had any particular problems with vanilla. CS Very Vanilla is a very good FO for me.

It came in the kit

That does not necessarily guarantee a good HT... I am not a fan of kits. Personally, I think you may want to do some reading about your wax here and perhaps change wicks.

I have tried those cotton core wicks way back when and for me they were no good in 464

CD and HTP I have found the best so far, so you may want to change that and you do need to heat this wax higher- I do not use dye so I cant help there but as far as FO goes I recommend no lower than 165

You will have to perform dozens and dozens of tests to see what works for you in your environment but my opinion is- your biggest problem is heat temp and wick, I have had success with this wax but it took a year and half to get there!

Good Luck

Try some 415 Soy Wax..

Better Hot and Cold Throw.... IMHO

I tried 464 and the hot throw was horrible. Did not like that wax at all.

What threw great in my 415 had a horrible throw in the 464.

I do not wait more than 24-48 for my candles to cure with the 415.

If they don't throw in that time frame, then I won't use that oil.

I don't have 7++++ days to let my candles cure.

Vanilla Smoothie (ICS) Throws Great in 415