Wow, scentsy is that good huh?

dixiegal

I've never tried one so I cant say for myself just how good they are. I got my first complaint today since I've been making tarts for a few years now I guess I cant complain. It's not that she didn't like it that bothers me as much as how she worded it. I sell at a local store and a few days ago gave a lady that works there a pumpkin pie clamshell to try out.

This morning I stopped at the store at a busy time there where people looking around and a few talking to her. She sees me and says very loud, "your melts are too weak." Then told me that she uses scentsy and one tart of their pumpkin scents her whole home for a week. She said she burns it in her back bedroom and leaves it on all the time and her whole house smells like it for a week. I said wow thats great and asked how big her home was, she said over 3000 sq ft. By now people are stopping what their doing to listen and really I was at a loss as to how to answer this. I smiled and told her I had never been told my scents where weak before and I was sorry she didn't care for it. The pumpkin fo I use if the bcn pumpkin pie close out and everyone else who has tried it seems to love it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How rude of her. Plus, she's full of it.

I'm thinking soo too on both counts. She claims she put 3 tarts in her melter and still couldn't smell it in one room let alone the whole house. Doesn't bother me that she didn't like them cause I get the feeling she'd complain about any she bought from me. I just hope she doesn't bad mouth my tarts to people buying them.

Thank her for her feedback and then...Tell her everyone's nose is different and all your other customers have loved the scent throw from your melts. Then thank her again for the feedback.

By thanking her it will look good to the other customers around. They probably already have noticed she is rude!

Trudi

I PROMISE you.. shes a scentsy rep or her mom/sister/daughter... someone is. To be so rude she would have to have a vested interest in badmouthing your business in public like that... around other customers.

Scentsty is NOT that good. I've tested them against mine. They are good, dont get me wrong. And I dont think mine are better.... but they are not that strong, dang.

Walmart ones I have found mine topple though, which makes me really happy.. because mine are only $1.00 more.. and I KNOW they are better.

I would have to agree that she has some type of vested interest. I have not tried them, but, I have however had some scentsy buyers become my customers b/c for one they said scentsy is over priced and also that mine were just as good. She is completely RUDE and could use a lesson or two in manners and cooth. I'd be embarrassed if I were the owner of that store to have an employee that rude and to bad mouth something that they sell in that store. And I agree that she's full of crap!!

She was probably a Scent*y rep or is friends with or related to someone who is. I've had numerous people tell me that they have cute warmers, but their melts are not that great. They said they don't last very long at all. Well as expensive as they are, you would think they would last quite a while! Also said that their warmers get extremely hot. I've never tried them myself, but it seems that they aren't "all that". It's a shame that woman had to do that in front of other people. Rude!! Constructive criticism is one thing, but what she did was a little over the top. It has Scent*y rep written all over it!!

All I can say is how rude. I was selling at a show and I had a scentsy rep tell me that hers were so much better than homemade ones. She diden't like homemade ones cause they weren't as strong as theres. Well needless to say I sold way more tarts than she did. So I guess handmade was much better LOL :yay:

We set up at a festival this past weekend, supposed to have been "Homemade crafts in the park". Everyone there had handmade items jewelry,carvings,wreaths etc (7 vendors in total) . But one name stuck out Scentsy and they set up right across from us. Never heard of them until then and now I'm hearing about them again..

Anyways they sold their warmers for 25$ and tarts for 5, were dressed to kill, and dominated the sales that day. My tarts were 4$ and our warmers $10 and had a really hard time selling them. I was so furious that they allowed them to set up since everything they do is factory produced and nothing is "Homemade". I have never personally used a scentsy tart but I know for sure now I definitely won't .

I'm sorry that lady was rude to you (we have that happen all the time)

But keep your head high and keep on doing what you do. Handmade always trumps factory made. and soy trumps paraffin.

Farmers>Oil company's.

I don't believe for one minute that one tart scents a 3,000 square foot house for a week.

Now, on the other hand, MY tarts can beat that:laugh2: I had a woman call me who had bought a few clamshells last year. She wanted to order some more and asked me how long she should leave the wax in her warmer before emptying it. I told her it depended on how long she left her warmer turned on--that personally, even though I know I shouldn't, I leave mine on 24/7 and usually change the wax every day or two. She was shocked--said she uses hers 24/7 also and uses a tart for about a month--and that she hates to pour it out then because it still smells good.:rolleyes2

Now we all know that can't be true and I was dumbfounded as to how to reply! I just said, "Wow, you're fantastic advertising for my products." Unfortunately, if she tells people that's the case and they buy from me, they're likely to be sorely disappointed! And she sure won't be a customer who buys much since 2 clamshells will last her a year!

I thought that conversation was hilarious and just had to pass it along to others who would understand and appreciate the absurdity.

wow! I would seriously call the store owner and say something to her about this. That was VERY unprofessional for her to make a comment that rude in front of customers. She is an employee of that store, and represents everything that store stands for. I also agree that she has some vested interest in scentsy. I've heard the Scentsy nazi's can be quite... vocal.

Obviously your tarts are great, or the store owner would not choose to carry them.

Man some people have NO brains!!!

Wow! The nerve of people. I mean what about constructive criticism? If someone has something to say about someone's hard work, you do it in private, you don't point them out in front of a busy store! That person definitely did not have a stake in the store or care about what it takes to present and sell products well. I agree that your products must be great or they wouldn't be in that store to begin with. So just take a deep breath and have faith in your product.

SafetySue.....too funny! Love the post! :laugh2:

Jackie

We also did a craft fair over the weekend and get this the application that was sent to all vendors stated that the items MUST be hand made, hand crafted and no buy and sell items. There was a committee that voted on all the possible vendors and they looked at craftsmanship, creativity, booth and personal presentation, value, etc and no copyright materials allowed. They even made us send pictures of our items, including pictures of the items being made. That being said, why in the world did they allow a scentsy booth??? Those are not hand made, hand crafted and the person selling those had no creative input into the products whatsoever. Now I have no problem if those type vendors want to set up, but, I do have a problem when the committee states they will only allow hand crafted items (as this was marketed as a hand-crafted craft/art fair). To me that would exclude anyone and anything that they personally did not make with their own two hands. Anyway we totally kicked their butts as I don't think they sold much of anything, if anything at all. Guess people are finally catching on that hand made can be just as good if not better in some cases than some factory produced product.

We set up at a festival this past weekend, supposed to have been "Homemade crafts in the park". Everyone there had handmade items jewelry,carvings,wreaths etc (7 vendors in total) . But one name stuck out Scentsy and they set up right across from us. Never heard of them until then and now I'm hearing about them again..

Anyways they sold their warmers for 25$ and tarts for 5, were dressed to kill, and dominated the sales that day. My tarts were 4$ and our warmers $10 and had a really hard time selling them. I was so furious that they allowed them to set up since everything they do is factory produced and nothing is "Homemade". I have never personally used a scentsy tart but I know for sure now I definitely won't .

I'm sorry that lady was rude to you (we have that happen all the time)

But keep your head high and keep on doing what you do. Handmade always trumps factory made. and soy trumps paraffin.

Farmers>Oil company's.

I don't believe for one minute that one tart scents a 3,000 square foot house for a week.

Now, on the other hand, MY tarts can beat that:laugh2: I had a woman call me who had bought a few clamshells last year. She wanted to order some more and asked me how long she should leave the wax in her warmer before emptying it. I told her it depended on how long she left her warmer turned on--that personally, even though I know I shouldn't, I leave mine on 24/7 and usually change the wax every day or two. She was shocked--said she uses hers 24/7 also and uses a tart for about a month--and that she hates to pour it out then because it still smells good.:rolleyes2

Now we all know that can't be true and I was dumbfounded as to how to reply! I just said, "Wow, you're fantastic advertising for my products." Unfortunately, if she tells people that's the case and they buy from me, they're likely to be sorely disappointed! And she sure won't be a customer who buys much since 2 clamshells will last her a year!

I thought that conversation was hilarious and just had to pass it along to others who would understand and appreciate the absurdity.

lol cute story. Is she an older lady? I ask because my mil doesn't burn my tarts but she leaves them setting around her house and swears she can smell them unopened,lol. I would tend not to believe her but shes always wanting new scents when the seasons change.

Thx everyone I needed the pep talk, I starting worrying yesterday about her comments, but I'm over it. It's hard to swallow the criticism on something you love doing so much. I gotta get tougher skin:)

Criticism is one thing, what she did was just rude and uncalled for. Just remember opinions are like a$$ holes...everyone has one and some people sadly speak from theirs. Don't let people like that get you down even for a minute!!

That's just rude. I think the scentsy reps are taught how to speak rudely. We have a 3 day arts/crafts/foods festival in our town during 4th of July. The registration rules specifically state Handmade items only, no selling of "home party or chain type things (home interior, avon etc.) there was a tiff this year because a Scentsy person snuck in. After a heated argument the day of set up and other vendors complaining...she was allowed to stay because the fee had already been paid and they were short on vendors this year but she wouldn't be allowed back next year. Anyway, I sort of wandered past the booth to check it out and overheard her telling the group of people gathered in her area that these were the best melts made blah, blah, blah and when someone asked if the melts she bought at another booth could be used in the scentsy burner...oh, what a story she was told. I soo wanted to step in and tell the customer to not listen to the BS.

It's tough to turn the other cheek sometimes but as long as you know your product is good and others agree, don't let that woman bother you.

I went to my 1st scentsy "party" if thats what they wanted to call it the other night to see what the big deal is since I had never heard of them or seen their products,

I was not impressed but thats just my opinion, way over priced and I can't even say I liked the scents they had, I had a hard time picking out anything to buy and test for me know what they are all about that I told my 12 year to pick one cause there was nothing there I liked.

I don't know what yours are like but I am willing to bet they are way better then scentsy!

I am, as we speak, in a 4 day show where scentsy is kicking my ass. Why? Because they are one of the first booths in the door, and have two women shouting over the crowds, selling their pants off.

Where is my booth? In the dimly lit back. Thanks alot, promoters! Way to welcome me to a new show!!

Oh and.. its a COMPLETELY HANDMADE NO RESALE OR IMPORTED GOODS ALLOWED 100% SHOW!!!! wait.. then why is scentsy there? wtf.

I have sold to a few people though who said mine smell stronger and that they appriciate they are soy. We'll see.