Dendritic Salt Question

lovemylabs

Can this be added into the bath salts after they have been made? I have quite a few batches of bath salts made and "drying out"...but found a post on using dendritic salt to help with clumping once they are stored in containers. My dendritic salt will be here next week...will it be too late to add?

I wouldn't think so. Typically the fragrance is added to the salt and then the product. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't view salts as a product that reaches a final stage like say soap or a bath bomb or a lotion etc. I view them as something you can just add to if needed, package as needed etc. instead of reaching an exact end. Don't know if that makes sense.

Yeah...that makes perfect sense. I had never used dendritic salt before and didn't know if there was a "proper order" in which it should be added in order to be effective. (Geez...maybe I've been testing too many candles!!) So, when it comes in, I'll add it and go from there. Thank you Scented...Appreciate it very much.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
6 minutes ago, Scentsitive Solutions said:

I am just starting out, I used Epsom, pink pink himalayan, dendritic, baking soda & sea salt. I added FO to the dendritic salt, no colorants and it still clumped & hardened. Any suggestions or ideas? I think that I may have accidentally used to much FO, but not sure if that would cause it to harden. 

What are you making?

1 hour ago, Scentsitive Solutions said:

Tall Tayl,

I am making bath salts. 

Sodium Chloride salts, like sea salt, himilayan salt, etc., are hygroscopic (soak up humidity from the air). Think about the table salt shaker in the humid summer.

Epsom salt ( Magnesium Sulfate ) does not generally do that as it is not really a "salt".

Check out Swift Crafty MOnkey.blogspot.com for recipes and ideas for bath salts.

http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/search?q=bath+salt