Sugar Scrub Cubes Recipe

Kitn

I have never done B & B before and ready to make these... question is how do you melt? microwave, presto or double boiler? Does it matter and is there a certain temperature you have to reach or just until it is melted??

Thanks in advance

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never done B & B before and ready to make these... question is how do you melt? microwave, presto or double boiler? Does it matter and is there a certain temperature you have to reach or just until it is melted??

Thanks in advance

Short bursts in the microwave. This is a wonderful recipe. :)

Thank you Oceangazer... 1 more question (this is so foreign to me) fragrance load... do I calculate 1% of the just the butters and carrier oil or do I include the 550g of sugar? I have never done anything in grams before so I feel real out of my element! LOL

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I gotta say I absolutely love these sugar cubes.

I tried some on my face and it felt so smooth afterward, I decided to try to make these as salt cubes as well. I used 1/3 conditioning e-wax, 2/3 regular e-wax, 1/2 sugar and 1/2 salt to see if they were going to get too hard. They did not. So next batch is going to be all extra fine sea salt and see how that works out.

I like using them on my face too. I am going to have to try salt too..That is a great idea.

I liked the sugar/salt on my face better than just sugar since the abrasion was less. Been thinking about brown sugar for facial ones as well.

I've got the e-wax on order. As soon as it gets here I'll be trying all salt to see if they get too hard or not. Hoping by the weekend.

Initially, I made them in ice cube trays and they look so cute in a clear, hinged top jar sitting in the bathroom. Then tried the sugar/salt ones in clamshells as you mentioned you were using in this thread somewhere and that worked out really nice too.

• 1 month later...
Wow tremendous recipe and i like it .

Sweets are my favorite recipes . I will try to make it and i hope it will be tasty and delicious .

Which good impact on body health . Nice and favorite ingredients are included in this recipe which increase the taste of this

recipe and flavor .

Wait what??? You can't eat this!

• 2 weeks later...
I just realized that scrubbing my rough knees and heels with the sugar cubes works better than a pumice stone.

Me too! Had a pumice soap bar (not stone) in tub for feet. Tried the Sugar Scrub one day and they turned baby butt soft which is saying a lot for my feet since I am barefoot more than not.

I've reported it made my face super soft and moisturized too. Awesome stuff!

Edited by jeanie353
additional

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this recipe could be tweaked so you can package in jars? Maybe adding glycerin, or another light oil?

I love the cubes but want to package this in jars so I think if it were more fluid it would work better. Any suggestions? :)

I am sure it could be tweaked, but I wouldn't want to change it. I used one of these sugar scrub cubes in my bath today and rubbed my legs good with them before shaving. My legs feel as smooth as silk. I love these sugar scrub cubes.:grin2: