Sugar Scrub Cubes Recipe

Kitn

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I bought it from a soap supply place it was called fluted cardboard. They don't have it anymore :(

I found it at uline, here is a link for you.

http://www.uline.ca/BL_1902/Corrugated-Wrap

Thanks for the link.. Although it says I gotta buy like 6 rolls.

Wondering if i should CoOp the rolls! That way we could all get some if we wanted. It would take me FOREVER to use that many rolls.

What size did you use?

ETA: That was from the Canadian site. From the US site it looks like I can order 1 roll. Will have to look further.

ETA again: I was wrong.. gotta buy minimum 6 rolls.:angry2:

Edited by singleyellowrose

ok please excuse my ignorance but the pic you have posted, to me looks like those are like half a bar of soap size for each slice I see 6 slices. But I noticed that the package is only 5 oz so i must be seeing it wrong.

• 1 month later...
ok please excuse my ignorance but the pic you have posted, to me looks like those are like half a bar of soap size for each slice I see 6 slices. But I noticed that the package is only 5 oz so i must be seeing it wrong.

The scrubs are the Wilton brownie bites pan size. 6 of them = 5 ounces. They are a rounded square shape. HTH

Kitn, thanks. Since they have been sitting on the counter for a few days they are getting firmer. New question: I went out and bought the one bite brownie mold and made another batch and it has now been 48 hours and I still can't get a square out without the corners staying in the mold. I started trying to get them out after 12 hours, and then every 12 hours after that and I have not got one perfect square yet. I have tried inserting a knife around the edges and that didn't work either. The top layer is harder but the corners on the bottom are still wet. Should it take longer than 48 hours to dry or do I need to try something else? or do I need more patience? I followed your recipe to the "T"!!!:yay:

It just occurred to me you could make the boxes out of cardboard, It would work just as well and is basically free.

Just cut the cardboard so it comes 1/2 way up the side of the scrub, score it and fold it, you are done, except for the shrink wrap cover. ( I don't shrink it)

Kitn these are awesome! I had a friend over last night and she wanted to make something fun so we made this... we were both in heaven!! :yay: thanks for the tip on them firming up.. last night I was thinking well.. hm. Its not firm like ones ive tested in the past but it feels so damn good on my skin I dont care, lol... but then this morning i picked one up and its perfect! I used some of the Agbanga Karite Shea butter in it... mmmmm. so good!

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if you could break the grams down to ounces or cups for me. and what M&P base do you use and what is ewax. I am going to order some supplies and would like to make these. I am a military spouse and DH will be retiring next year I would like to practice making these and maybe when we retire and have a real home (our own) I will be able to establish some sort of client base. Thank you.

Lisa

Today is Bath & Body day and we are making these. We did a batch a couple of months ago in McIntosh Apple and love them! We decided to do several more batches today. So far we've done Love Spell, Cucumber Melon and getting ready to do Lavender. But I was wondering what are some of the fragrances y'all have tried? Since I got my fragrance samples in from Peak's, I think I may try a few of those too. Very nice recipe...love it. Thanks for sharing!

I did Elements Japanese Pear and Ginseng for my DIL and was very impressed. Much better in the product than OOB. I've noted that as a keeper. Also tried Peaks Asian Sandalwood and MW Patchouli Passion with good results. 'Course the Patchouli Passion is my favorite fragrance oil at the moment, so a bit biased on that....