Sugar Scrub Cubes Recipe

Kitn

60g e-wax

50g M&P

50g Cocoa Butter

50g Mango or Shea Butter

10g Almond Oil ( any carrier oil will do)

550g sugar

Melt the butters, ewax and M&P that has been cut into small cubes.

Add carrier oil, mix well.

Add sugar in slowly , mix well.

I molded them in a Wilton 1 bite brownie pan.

When they have firmed up, pop them out of the mold and cover them with sugar and set on rack to dry.

CIMG7784.jpg

Package or pop into jars.

I wanted the packaging to look like a candy bar, so I took some fluted cardboard and made an open box shape, wrapped that with pink foil, popped the cubes in and covered with shrink wrap.( I will have 7 in the packages I sell) my prototype was a little bit short)

These really feel wonderful in your bath or shower.

Enjoy.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice packaging ! Good idea ! Thanks for the recipe !

When I read the other answers )see quote below) I was just wondering what does the expression "I am a scrub ho" means (I'm french...)

very cute, I dont have any M&P on hand but I've been considering buying some to try a recipe like this, I am a scrub ho so I think they are something I would love to keep around for my shower!!

Thanks

lol.... yeah, some american slang. Like some of us call ourselves FO HO's... a ho is not so nice slang for a woman that sleeps around (short for whore), or cant have enough... so I use it jokingly as saying I cant have enough fragrance oils, or in this case, scrubs!!

Edited by LuminousBoutique

• 4 weeks later...

Those are soo cute...I was just trying to formulate a sugar cube face scrub recently and then I saw this...nice!!

Just wondering what size is each cube and do u use entire cube per shower or bath?

I've never seen the one bite brownie pan but looks like I'll have to find one :)

Thanks

Those are soo cute...I was just trying to formulate a sugar cube face scrub recently and then I saw this...nice!!

Just wondering what size is each cube and do u use entire cube per shower or bath?

I've never seen the one bite brownie pan but looks like I'll have to find one :)

Thanks

Micheal's and WSP have the brownie pans. They weight almost an ounce, I like to use the whole cube, cause they feel so darn good. You could use less , but keep the 1/2 nor used away from the others or cut them in half, to prevent water entering the container.

I made these before with all mango and they turned out fine I thought. Just made them recently with the cocoa butter and a coffee FO, rolled in sugar and a little coffee grounds as a gift for a friend who is a coffee junkie. He said it's a great way to start the day a coffee shower and then a cup of the real thing. Love these!

rebecca- jojoba, olive, almond are carrier oils many others...yes they will work. I did mine with half fractionated coconut/jojoba and the coco butter no mango cause i"m out of that...turned out fabulous.

These look great, I've been looking for some graphics for my labels, as the original poster of this thread has on her label. The frame she has around her wording. Does anyone know where to buy that type of graphics, like different sorts of framing?

These look great, I've been looking for some graphics for my labels, as the original poster of this thread has on her label. The frame she has around her wording. Does anyone know where to buy that type of graphics, like different sorts of framing?

I have print shop 15, kinda old program but it has graphics that are frames and one of them looks similar to kitn's