Someone explain the dipped critters to me

topofmurrayhill

Now we've gone and done it. I heard some strange noise outside and found my Teddy trying to escape. He thought I wouldn't see him sitting in the tree. I assured him that he won't get dipped........he is way too old for that game....I brought him in next to the fire to warm up.

Can you tell that I am bored? Waiting for wax to melt and wax to cool. Donita

He wasn't trying to escape, that's definately a Peeping Bear if I ever saw one....

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the beauty of the world is that we don't have to understand why some people like certain things. We can look at something, decide we don't personally like it, and go on about our business. Doesn't effect anyone one way or the other. :)

Now we've gone and done it. I heard some strange noise outside and found my Teddy trying to escape. He thought I wouldn't see him sitting in the tree. I assured him that he won't get dipped........he is way too old for that game....I brought him in next to the fire to warm up.

Can you tell that I am bored? Waiting for wax to melt and wax to cool. Donita

LMAO, OMG, THAT'S SO FUNNY!!

I think I'll agree with Ducky on this one, that looks like a peeping bear.

Has anyone tried to dip Beanie Babies? Maybe they'll become popular again and I can get rid of the 200 or so I have boxed up, which I initially bought as an "investment"...LOL santa roll

I never tried to dip a beanie baby but I got a ton of wax on one, when I left a candle tin on top of the butterfly beanie I keep on the dash of my truck. It just about ruined the beanie! The beans clumped up and stuck together...but my truck smelled really good!!!

Being a old sentimentalist on bears. I always have to quietly shed a tear for my kids....yes we name our bears....when they find a good home. I only hope that some day they will come back and show me all the pictures of their kids and grand kids. Funny how a little fury creature can put a smile on some one's face. After all is it not what this business is all about....turning a dreary day and making some one happy??

Being a old sentimentalist on bears. I always have to quietly shed a tear for my kids....yes we name our bears....when they find a good home. I only hope that some day they will come back and show me all the pictures of their kids and grand kids. Funny how a little fury creature can put a smile on some one's face. After all is it not what this business is all about....turning a dreary day and making some one happy??

Awww...

*wipes away tear*

But I'm still gonna dunk 'em in hot wax...LOL

:laugh2:I love this thread... (I never did get the dipped critter thing either but I would dip socks if they made money)

Now that you mention it... :laugh2:

Grrr.. I thought i'd saved the link but I guess not :sad2:

I did find the link for the dipped TP, just not the dang sock...lol

I have to agree with Top! I just don't see the point in subjecting a perfectly good stuffed animal to that type of abuse!!! :D

Seriously though, if you want something in your house that smells nice, but don't want to light a candle, I can think of many other things you can do........

I tried them out last week...sold 3 bears at a craft show, I only took 3 bears...and I'm telling you they are now part of my mix.

Now I have a question for the bear-waxers: how much fragrance do you use per bear?

:waiting:I'm waaaiting....where are the dipped socks! I need an example to follow. Oh, and how much do you charge? Sell them by the pair or by one lonely sock? Think anyone would notice holes in the toes? Anyone know of a good gym locker FO?

Eureka! I have a grand idea!!!! How about dipped stockings for your valentines themed contest! :P

Yup, dipped socks have been done. I believe they were displayed on a wooden dowel standing vertically on a block of wood LOL, apparently they were big with college kids... Top..Please dip a sock..Please? :D

Ohh, you remember it too?? I forgot about the dowel though. One day I'll run across that bookmark...lol