Help with gel..

puddin1970

I make soy candles etc. but I have a friend that wants me to make her 4 wine glasses with the gel in them - partylite sells something like she is looking for - but they are pricey. Where can I buy that small amount of gel? They have a light holder in them so I wont need to worry about wicking them. Thanks for the help. Does a local craft supply place sell this gel? michaels? Etc.

You will pay a small fortune for gel wax at Michael's. Last time I looked it was a gallon tub that was something ridiculous like $35. I don't remember seeing it at Hobby Lobby but don't get there very often. I haven't made gel candles in years but I'll be happy to look to see if I still have any I'll be happy to send you some. How much do you think you'd need?

Hobby Lobby also carries gel. It is somewhat cheaper than Michaels or AC Moore. I think the price just went up to 34.99 for a 7 lb (1 gallon) bucket. Since they always have 40% off coupons, I think I bought it with the 40% off coupon for $21.00. Michaels, last time I checked was 39.99 or 44.99, so depending on where you live, and the coupons you have, you can get a deal. One of those stores used to sell a smaller container, but I'm not sure how much was in them though. Might have been enough to do a few wine glasses.

Edited by JAVAEBOY
misspelled words

I tried to find if I still have any gel wax but the last place it could be is behind some shelving my DH & DS have shoved up against some of my supplies while they work on our '56 Chevy. Unfortuantely they will be working on it for at least 2 more weeks. If my feeble little brain can remember after they move the car out I will look to see if I still have some. Sorry I offered before I knew for sure!

Thanks so much! let me know neworleanslady and if I dont find any by them.. I would buy some from you. I have a micheals not too far from me. I might get there sometime soon - its about 1 hr away. I live out in the country and not much around me lol. Thanks again!! I appreciate the offer!!

• 3 weeks later...