gel on eBay

jenscandles

Does anybody buy their gel on eBay? I was doing a Google search last night for medium density suppliers so I could compare pricing, and one of the items took me to an eBay listing which claimed to be selling Penreco MD 25 lbs for about $36 plus shipping. Great pricing but how to know if it's really Penreco?

Thoughts?

I did that; on first 3 pages its nothing but "Great super fast shipping" and the like. Will have to dig deeper I guess. On all the listings I saw the feedback was all for the MD gel. all positive. My thought on that though is people generally leave feedback as soon as they receive it, and probably before they try using it.

With shipping it ends up being $50 to $55 for the 25 lbs. It's definitely the cheapest I can find for smaller quantity. Just hate to spend that and get stuff I can't use. :(

Here is the link if someone else wants to look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/25-LB-BUCKET-OF-PENRECO-CANDLE-GEL-MEDIUM-DENSE-HUGE_W0QQitemZ190317976030QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c4fd5d9de&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I looked at the feedback some more and I saw one person at least four times so there must be some repeat business there. One neutral in 12 months and no negatives.

I'm always a little leery of getting this kind of stuff from ebay. If all the feedback looks good though, it might be worth trying. You could also contact the buyer and find out what (if any) return policy they have. Also remember too that if you use Paypal to pay for your purchase and there's a problem, they do have a dispute process, one of the reasons you can dispute a purchase for is if the item is not as described. So if it goes south, you still have some options for recouping your money.

HTH

My friend purchased from the same ebay seller and was very happy with the MD Gel Wax, as a matter of fact, all the gel wax she bought from there. I can't personally vouch for them as I don't make gel candles.

They would have tons of negative feedback if they said it was Penreco and it wasn't. People don't like being lied to.