What do you think?

Bernadette

I received a request for a rather large wedding custom order quote. The customer would send me the containers, which I would fill and send back.

I'm always a little skeptical of glassware that I don't buy(safety issues with quality, thickness, etc.). So I asked her if she had a picture, or could point me to a web pic. and she sent this back:

http://www.candles4less.com/candleholders/Square-Holders-Vases/Clear-Glass-3-Square-Vase

Do these look safe to you? Would you do it?

Personally, if you really wanted to do this, I would tell her that you can provided she gives you ample time to test the jars for quality. You could also suggest she provide you with a case to sample and test them, scent, wicks, so on.

Or if you have a supplier that you are more comfortable with, see if they have a similar product that you can provide your customer.

HTH

Tristan

Yes, I've already told her that, as I've been doing gels for 11 years now. That'll teach me to post before my first cup of coffee in the morning!:laugh2: What I meant to do was inquire if anyone else that does gel candles has ever used these containers, just for reference. I would never do it without testing them first.

Most customers state what they are looking to create, and I purchase the containers for them - ones that have been tested. This is the first time that anyone has asked for this, and truthfully, I think they're going about it wrong. It'll be alot more costly for them this way...