I made a new discovery with the Gel

ladysj

Just for an experiment I poured a little bit of left over gel into a cherry embed mold just to see if it would work. They are the cutest little cherries. :yay:

I only made 2 of them I'm going to make more & I'll try to get a good pic of them to post. I'm really tickled over this discovery. I'm sure some one has already tried this but it's new for me. :laugh2:

I love gel wax. I take the cut outs from the cookie cutters and line a clear round glass contatiner in the inside. Once Ihave my design, I pour a different color into the contatiner. I even poured soy wax one time, It was way to cool! It is like the 1960 exploded... Love it.

This sounds so cool and of course I have some gel wax. Have med density, would that be firm enough for embeds? And how does it work if you mix a little votive/pillar wax in with it. May have to play around. I did read that some use a gel mix to make icing.

I mixed paraffin and soy with gel and it's like it never hardens. Just added more pillar and it looks like reg wax only softer. I tried the icing and it looks great but it never got hard. So it would be great for candles but not tarts, where the pkg will touch the icing. Is yours like that?

Also the embeds I made with gel had gobs of bubbles? What gets rid of them?

Well no and yes I do not do a 50/50 split more like a 60/40 soy/gel and I use pillar soy I think it makes a difference also the natural color of soy makes a big difference to the over all look of the frosting or icing I also think that contributes to the realistic look.

Pour hot on your gel or mix up you gel with the FO and color then let cool completely and heat back up and then pour slow.

The main problem with using gel for tarts is that the stuff is super soft. It finger prints bad and will take on the shape of what ever it is put in. So if you have wrinkles in you bag or they get laid on something not flat. You will get a imprint in the gel. HP gel is the only gel that will some what hold it shape with out some kind of support but that stuff has a really high melt point to much for most burners.

I have used MP gel in burner with great success I just never could figure out how to package it without looking gross over a period of time. Even MP will not totally melt in most burner but it will get hot enough to realease the scent.

I use to make car freshers out of MP for my FIL for his truck I put it in tin and he set them on his dash they would last for months. Truthfully they are cost prohibitive to sell. Basicly just to expensive to make for no more that what people want/will to pay for an air freshener.