Anyone familiar with this?

missymssy

Missy,

Vicky won't toot her own horn, so allow me to do it for her.

You wanna see professional pics of gel candles....research her links in the picture gallery.

Check right now, she just posted pics of Gel Skulls that just take your breath away.

She's your gal. A truly talented professional.

Welcome to the board, and we all wish you great success. Your willingness to do research will be your best asset!

Fern-Marie

Fern-Marie-I did look through the gallery, but there aren't a lot of gel pictures. Yes, Vicky's work is wonderful (just not enough to see).

Vicky-I couldn't believe the link actually worked! That's something I remember seeing a looonnnggg time ago

It's funny. I haven't done much at all in the last two or so years, and now I'm thinking of doing this as business, and everything's gone. Poof! Gone! I did find a few of the old boards archived, so the posts are there, but not the pics.

I vaguely remember a discussion about what have you done with the heart bowl from Walmart? Other than usual Valentine things. Someone did an under the sea one, and someone else had a really neat "Footprints in the Sand" with little feet and part of the poem.

Still kicking myself for not saving any of it... lol

Missy

Missy, are you looking for pics or tutorials?

found some pics at gel candle suppliers and sellers:

http://aglowingcandle.com/gelpics.htm

http://www.pamdesigns.com/index.cfm/fa/categories.main/parentcat/515

When I did gel candles, there was a place out of Florida....somewhere...? For the life of me I cannot remember the name of it...they had lots of pics and tutorials, sold info vhs....I cannot remember the name. Betcha I can find something in my craft room....I'll look tomorrow and get back to you. I actually had a vhs tape too. Let me poke around and see what I can find.

Thanks Fern-Marie. Both of those links had good pics. To answer your question, I guess either pics or tutorials. I am not creative at all, so looking at pics of other stuff, I can usually see something nice (that I never would have thought of), but can figure out how it's done.

I'm getting there, though. lol-guess it's like riding a bike.

Missy

Missy, I am sorry bit I cannot find that vhs tape of the gel candle making.

I did manage to scrounge up an old bottle of some FO...waaaayyyyy in back of my cabinet. The company I got FO's from was: www.gelcandlecompany.com

They have lots of pics! Embeds were expensive there so I got a lot of mine at http://www.silkytyme.com/embeds.html really cute stuff.

I also got a lot of cute little glass pieces and shells at http://www.orientaltrading.com/ they used to have large bags of shells and glass fish, and their seasonal stuff like hearts, shamrocks, etc. I noticed that when I see their stuff now, it isn't always in the huge lots that I once could get them cheap. You just have to look around.

If you do a web search for gel candle instructions, you will find links to tutorials.

Hope this helps you. You'll enjoy looking at all the embeds.

Good luck, and don't forget to post pics when you can.

Fern-Marie

Thanks for all that. Yes, shells are next order...I still have a lot of fish, couple odd/end glass pieces. I will also check out Oriental Trading.

Good luck, and don't forget to post pics when you can.

lol-Looking for the digital camera is next on list. I know I saw it last year....:confused:

Missy