Questions on Crumbles for Gel Pies & Pie Crusts

Toni S.

I'm going to start making gel pies and wanted to put the crumbles on the top like you'd see if you had a Dutch Apple Pie BUT I don't know how these are made and if I should use paraffin or soy wax for these crumbles? Any suggestions from anyone who makes these would be appreciated!!

Also, for those of you who make your own crusts, is it really hard to do? I saw a demo on this and it didn't look tooooooo difficult BUT then again the demonstrator knew what she was doing. HELP please?

TIA

• 2 months later...

definatly agree pie crust molds are the way to go ..

www.flexiblemolds.com ginger has the best stuff

for crumbles which I LOVE to make

melt , color and scent wax .. better outcome with parrafin in my experience , but soy will work just as good

after its all melted an made the way you like it .. pour it into a deep dish cookie sheet .. allow the skin to form .. useing a plastic knife scoop the skin and blend it with the rest .. let it sit for about 4 minutes .. then do that again .. mixing all of it .. let it sit .. repeat , repeat again .. an after 30 minutes it should be all good and crumbly

using a knife to chop it up into bits at the very end