Whipped Body Frosting

SOAPFREAK

Guest PassionSunKiss
I would only put it in for 10-15 minutes at a time. The problem is that it gets hard around the outside of the bowl then it's hard to get it incorporated back in. I usually put a clean towel over top of the mixer and let it whip while I do something else for awhile. I let it whip until it's cooled down.

Ok i added the preservative at room temp this time and for the third time in a row it looks like this in the pic. Like i said before, this is my second bottle of preservative and it did this to me with my last batch. It only looks like after adding the preservative. I havent even gotten to add my f.o yet. What gives? See the preservative floating on this edge, plus the surface is all shiny

post-12318-139458472567_thumb.jpg

Edited by PassionSunKiss

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you are having trouble with kokum, try this version too.

It is quite it bit fluffier so would be better for summer. I'm sorry I didn't post this earlier.

8 oz. virgin coconut

6.4 oz. shea

5.1 oz. ewax

31 oz. aloe juice

.5 oz. cosmocil

Thanks SoapFreak!! :yay: I just have to order the cosmocil & the VCO special, but I have everything else. I can't wait to try this! :)

Ok i added the preservative at room temp this time and for the third time in a row it looks like this in the pic. Like i said before, this is my second bottle of preservative and it did this to me with my last batch. It only looks like after adding the preservative. I havent even gotten to add my f.o yet. What gives? See the preservative floating on this edge, plus the surface is all shiny

I am so sorry, I didn't catch your post. Did this ever mix back in again?

I just thought of something from Katshe's post. Are you boiling your liquids first?

Guest PassionSunKiss

Yes, I'm boiling all of them to 170 and holding for 20 minutes. I tried this recipe again...and again lol but added 8 grams less of the preservative this last time and it made a huge difference. So it went from 1.5% to .9%, do you think this will still be as effective against baddies? I'm using Optiphen Plus.

Yes, I'm boiling all of them to 170 and holding for 20 minutes. I tried this recipe again...and again lol but added 8 grams less of the preservative this last time and it made a huge difference. So it went from 1.5% to .9%, do you think this will still be as effective against baddies? I'm using Optiphen Plus.

Oh gosh, idk, it would probably be best to contact who you bought it from. I only use Cosmocil and never had a problem.

• 8 months later...

How does this hold up in summer months? I've been wanting to try it for a while and now am torn between the summer version and the winter version. I finally got my ingredients after all this time! LOL The only thing I don't have is Cosmocil but I am subbing the Liquid Germall Plus for that. Thanks in advance!!

Whipping now! I love how fluffy it gets!!! I bit the bullet and made the original version.....so glad that I did! The VCO is an unusual but yummy smell, I'm thinking it's going to work well with the FO that I chose for this project--NG's Mangosteen. Thanks again for posting this recipe! This is my first time playing with B&B (getting to try something new) in quite some time. Classes have been overwhelming, but today was really fun! :)

• 5 months later...

Can you make a batch of this to use as a master batch and then later take out the amount you need to add fragrance and/or color later? Would it work the same was as a premade lotion (base) where you heat it a little and it will take the fragrance and still stay whipped up? Or will it deflate? I usually make a half batch and weigh out some for each individual fragrance I make (everyone in the family wants a different fragrance) then package in jars. But I've only done this right after making it, so it sets up nice and whipped. TIA.

Can you make a batch of this to use as a master batch and then later take out the amount you need to add fragrance and/or color later? Would it work the same was as a premade lotion (base) where you heat it a little and it will take the fragrance and still stay whipped up? Or will it deflate? I usually make a half batch and weigh out some for each individual fragrance I make (everyone in the family wants a different fragrance) then package in jars. But I've only done this right after making it, so it sets up nice and whipped. TIA.

Hi Bayou, yes you can make a master batch and fragrance as you use but do not heat it back up or it will all melt down.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have family that die for this recipe, but have a hard time making 1/2 batch and then doing all the different scents for everyone. Making one whole batch and then fragrancing, as needed, would be alot easier. Thanks for all the help and the great recipe.

I have made this before & like however I would like to add some IPM & cyclo in it this time. What would be the best ingredient to subtract from to add these in & if any suggestions on how much is greatly appreciated. Not finding much on IPM & % to use. Ooops one other thing long. What do you store your master batches? I was using the glad containers but it didnt seem to keep well or maybe my oils went bad. I'll add some vitamin e to the next batch.

Edited by ladysj

• 1 month later...
I cut my butters down a couple of percent and added IPM and Behenyl alcohol to mine along with a little Dry Flow

Since this isn't listed by percentage would I just put this info into a percentage calculator or something to get the percents? Sorry I'm mathematically impaired :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:and what percentage did you take off of each.

Edited by ladysj

you could try using all kokum..leave out the shea..it is a more greasy butter..

or you could even replace it with mango butter..or cocoa...

experiment, with one at a time..then you will get an idea of what you like

I made this over the week and it is absolutely increditable! I followed the reciepe to the tee but it was a bit greasy. Any ideas of what I could add/modify to reduce this?

Since this isn't listed by percentage would I just put this info into a percentage calculator or something to get the percents? Sorry I'm mathematically impaired :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:and what percentage did you take off of each.

the percentages are listed on page 6 of this thread just take it off the Shea and yes use a calculator to get your new amount.

I used 1 percent behenyl alcohol and 1 IPM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I re-made this with BTMS 50 and it did give it more of a powdery feel. Am going to try one more tweak adding Mango and Kokum for the butters. This is one of my favorite recipes and has not failed me yet in whipping up nicely.

Edited by jeanie353