Whipped Body Frosting

SOAPFREAK

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol This is too weird. I was just re-reading this entire thread after a very long time. I made this a loooong time ago and loved it. I'm rethinking my offerings and keep going back to thinking about this recipe.

Thank you, Kristy, for introducing me to VCO. I love it and refuse to sub it for anything. :)

• 1 month later...

Just a quick question. Is Unrefined Kokum alright? Also... all my supplier has is Virgin Coco Creme Oil... so I have no idea what to choose and what not to. She says she has so many different kinds of products that are just varying levels of the same thing... its personal preference.

Well me knowing absolutely nothing about bath & body.... its hard for me to choose. Is there anyone who could go to her site and show me what I should be getting for this recipe? I am so lost.

I can PM the link if anyone can help that would be great! :)

• 2 weeks later...

ok, this is probably a stupid question.... but I want to make this really bad and I am trying to order the e-wax. I know it stands for emulsifier wax. But, which one do you choose. When looking at various places to buy, there are so many to choose from. I went to lotioncrafters and there has to be 15 or 20. Please help. Thanks so so much in advance.

ok, this is probably a stupid question.... but I want to make this really bad and I am trying to order the e-wax. I know it stands for emulsifier wax. But, which one do you choose. When looking at various places to buy, there are so many to choose from. I went to lotioncrafters and there has to be 15 or 20. Please help. Thanks so so much in advance.

I would suggest the Polawax Emulsifying wax NF. HTH!

Is that you used or did you just pick the closest one on that site? I don't have to order from them. I want to use what you used because everyone has went on and on about it. :cheesy2:

I don't want to change anything.

any other pointers or exact brands that I should get?

I'm so excited....can't wait...

• 2 months later...

I made 2 batches of this for Christmas gifts. The first batch I made with Chocolate F/O and the other batch I divided between Oatmeal, Milk and Honey and Vanilla Oak F/O. Everyone raved about it. I still have some of the Chocolate left, but that's fine. I only kept a jar with a little bit of what was left over from a batch, so I'll use one myself. I just wanted to thank you for sharing the recipe with everyone. It's simple to make and great for this time of year when your hands are begging for moisture!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just made another 1/2 batch of this, 4 of the jars are have no fragrance oils or colors added. It's for the guys in the family (I covered all the lady's at Christmas time). The guy's hands are really taking a beating in the cold weather. They want something to help, but don't like the girly smells, so I just made a basic batch. The other 3 1/2 jars I used fragrance oils in. One of each scent Black Amber & Lavendar, Caribbean Coconut, and Lemon Verbena Mint. I changed up some of the butters, but it's really nice. Thanks again.

• 6 months later...
Guest PassionSunKiss

Omg, im so annoyed. I've made this recipe perfectly twice. Now, for some odd reason its coming out like lotion - for the second time in a row! Ive carefully measured everything to avoid this problem. It looks gorgeous up until i add the preservative. After i add the preservative in and turn my KA the top layer of the butter goes from smooth to smooth with an oily layer on it. What gives? Im pretty sure Im measuring everything the same and my procedure is the same as when I had my successful batch. (sigh)

TIA!

Guest PassionSunKiss

lol yeah I literally just got it in yesterday. It did this to me on my last batch (using the last of my other bottle of preservative) for some odd reason :confused: . Its almost like the preservative stays floating at the top but at the same time the batch becomes runny. Yesterday I tried adding stearic acid and even more e-wax just for the heck of it (not like I could make it worse!) and still no change. Could I be over whipping it or something? I add the preservative in when its around 100 degree.

Edited by PassionSunKiss

lol yeah I literally just got it in yesterday. It did this to me on my last batch (using the last of my other bottle of preservative) for some odd reason :confused: . Its almost like the preservative stays floating at the top but at the same time the batch becomes runny. Yesterday I tried adding stearic acid and even more e-wax just for the heck of it (not like I could make it worse!) and still no change. Could I be over whipping it or something? I add the preservative in when its around 100 degree.

I'm thinking maybe you should add it when it's cooler. I use Cosmocil CQ and it's added when it comes down to room temp. Maybe try that. If not, I would try another preservative. I can't see how over whipping would cause it.

Guest PassionSunKiss

Ok I will try that. Is it okay to put the batch in the fridge to speed up the cooling process? If so, in what spurts and for how long? Thanks for your help!

Ok I will try that. Is it okay to put the batch in the fridge to speed up the cooling process? If so, in what spurts and for how long? Thanks for your help!

I would only put it in for 10-15 minutes at a time. The problem is that it gets hard around the outside of the bowl then it's hard to get it incorporated back in. I usually put a clean towel over top of the mixer and let it whip while I do something else for awhile. I let it whip until it's cooled down.

I get the driest alligator skin in the winter and just happened across this recipe! I think I may give it a whirl! Now I just have to find some cheap (but good quality) kokum & VCO. I've been wanting to try VCO forever and this recipe gives me a good excuse! LOL Thanks for sharing it SoapFreak!

Is there anywhere to get the kokum and VCO together for a reasonable price?? The only place I've found that sells both for a reasonable price per pound is Columbus Foods. I don't need that much of each of those ingredients. If someone would want to split with me I would order from there! Otherwise, does anyone else have any suggestions?

I get the driest alligator skin in the winter and just happened across this recipe! I think I may give it a whirl! Now I just have to find some cheap (but good quality) kokum & VCO. I've been wanting to try VCO forever and this recipe gives me a good excuse! LOL Thanks for sharing it SoapFreak!

If you are having trouble with kokum, try this version too.

It is quite it bit fluffier so would be better for summer. I'm sorry I didn't post this earlier.

8 oz. virgin coconut

6.4 oz. shea

5.1 oz. ewax

31 oz. aloe juice

.5 oz. cosmocil

Guest PassionSunKiss
Is there anywhere to get the kokum and VCO together for a reasonable price?? The only place I've found that sells both for a reasonable price per pound is Columbus Foods. I don't need that much of each of those ingredients. If someone would want to split with me I would order from there! Otherwise, does anyone else have any suggestions?

I get my kokum at WSP. I believe it is $11.25/Lb, but if you spend a minimum of $15 you get free shipping. They may sell FCO, but am not sure.