Whipped Body Frosting

SOAPFREAK

We don't have a health food store nearby, so I've been looking for the virgin coconut oil. Does anyone have a recommended supplier? Is this called anything else besides virgin co? I really want to try this, but not knowing the qualities, etc, of the vco I don't feel comfortable trying to sub. :confused:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've used liquid oil in place of the coconut oil and it came out fine! You don't know until you try!!! :)

I've tried it with Mango Oil, Jojoba Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil... instead of Coconut oil.

Instead of 4.5oz Kokum Butter, I used 4.5 oz Shea and instead of 2oz. of shea... I used either 2oz. cocoa butter or mango butter...

the possibilites are endless... experiment with different oils and butters, tweak it, and make it your own! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I made this last weekend following the original recipe but subbing mowrah butter for the shea. It's most definitely fluffy and has a wonderful consistency. I gave away jars to 8 different friends last weekend. Everyone said they liked how it felt BUT that their palms were way too greasy afterwards. If I make it again, I may try adding something to try to cut that greasy feeling.

OMG I made some of this today with all unrefined shea. This stuff is DaBomb*super banana* I finally found my souffle cups so I could give out samples. Mine isn't greasy feeling at all. Here's a pic. I can't figure out how to get the DAMN glare off of pictures :( grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

tnbodyfrostingqs1.th.jpg

I made up a half a batch for testing. I did 1/4 tsp. of cyclo to this batch to see if it would give it more glide when applying. Either it wasn't enough or I think I'm going to lower the e-wax a tad. It's kind of waxy feeling to me.

I guess I'm so use to the straight butter body butters it's hard for me to get use to this not being as smooth going on.

My arms where I've been using it don't have the flakies anymore and they feel really nice.