Whipped Body Frosting

SOAPFREAK

Whipped Body Frosting

This literally feels and looks like frosting.

This contains Kokum butter gives it that non-greasy feeling. Replacing it with something else will probably effect the outcome.

I made a tweaked version of another tweaked version from a sweet person. It is so nice and not too greasy if you don't rub it too long.

I made this in the Kitchenaid mixer with the whipping attachment on medium speed, otherwise it would splash everywhere. Cover with dishtowel. It will splash.

Follow regular lotion making practices.

8 oz. Virgin Coconut Oil

4.5 oz. Kokum Butter

2 oz. Unrefined Shea butter

5 oz. E-wax

32 oz. Distilled Water

.5 oz. of Preservative or recommended from manufacturer.

.7-1 oz. of Fragrance depending on strength

I made mine with Hazelnut Coffee fo (YUM)

Pour hot oils/e-wax mixture into Kitchenaid pot and turn on mixer. Pour hot water slowly into oils. Whip constantly on medium speed until cool. Add preservative and fragrance and whip until incorporated. Scrap sides and whip some more. Spoon into jars. I filled a little over 4-8 oz. jars and 6-4 oz. jars. It does make alot.

DSC02501.jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks wonderful. I wish all the suppliers weren't taking off a couple weeks for the holidays so I could order some kokum butter lol I am definitely going to have to try this as soon as I can get some!

Thanks for sharing!

I tried this recipe yesterday evening, was looking for something different to give as gifts for the family. Came out great! I did tweak it to my own taste, using Cherry Kernel Oil instead of Coconut Oil, and I used Mango Oil (I prefer it to Mango Butter because it's not as hard as mango butter, Mango Oil is a really soft, soft butter) instead of Kokum Butter, and added a few more additional goodies to it. Da Bomb I tell ya.

Not greasy at all and moisturizes like crazy. I did one batch in Gingerbread Man, and another batch in Midnight Pomegranate. The in-laws are going to go nuts. LOL

Thanks for posting the recipe.

I tried this recipe yesterday evening, was looking for something different to give as gifts for the family. Came out great! I did tweak it to my own taste, using Cherry Kernel Oil instead of Coconut Oil, and I used Mango Oil (I prefer it to Mango Butter because it's not as hard as mango butter, Mango Oil is a really soft, soft butter) instead of Kokum Butter, and added a few more additional goodies to it. Da Bomb I tell ya.

Not greasy at all and moisturizes like crazy. I did one batch in Gingerbread Man, and another batch in Midnight Pomegranate. The in-laws are going to go nuts. LOL

Thanks for posting the recipe.

I had to giggle. You are very welcome! It is amazing how moisturizing it is. I put some on my legs at night and my skin is still soft the next night. Even with our drying wood stove going.

I have to ask... did yours set up pretty thick? Cause mine is more like a body butter than a frosting now. LOL But I love the texture. I love thick butters and creams. The only thing I didn't like was the MESS it made. LOL When you say it splashes... it does. lmao I tried it on my lips and yuck. Midnight Pomegranate does not taste good. LOL Need to try a small batch with flavoring and see how it does (tastes...lol).

Yeah it does set up pretty quick. I think when your whipping it cools it down quicker. I let mine do it's thing while I was doing other stuff and before I knew it I lifted up the towel and it was already fluffy. Mine is still like frosting. Nice and soft still in the jar. It reminds me of whipped cream cheese frosting. I figured if you added flavoring and wanted to put into lip pots, a cake decorating bag with a little end would be perfect for piping into the pots.

I have to ask... did yours set up pretty thick? Cause mine is more like a body butter than a frosting now. LOL But I love the texture. I love thick butters and creams. The only thing I didn't like was the MESS it made. LOL When you say it splashes... it does. lmao I tried it on my lips and yuck. Midnight Pomegranate does not taste good. LOL Need to try a small batch with flavoring and see how it does (tastes...lol).

I tried not to lick my lips because I knew the fo would be gross! lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Okay e-wax was emulsifying wax. Anyone have an answer to my other question? I do not have any of these supplies, but am looking to do so. I can't wait to make my own frosting! :) This just sounds like what I'm looking for.

You can buy coconut oil at Walmart in the baking section with the other oils.

Kelly