Curing before selling?

Vicky, i'd be willing to bet that the reason the soy candles that were frozen burned so crappy was because of condensation occuring from being frozen. The air trapped inside the closed container contains some degree of moisture and freezing it will cause it to form tiny ice crystals . When thawed, that water will lay on the top of the candle, possibly even being inside the candle if there was any trapped air bubbles.

No that is not what is happening. I thought of that and ruled it out as the things that end up happening will be the cauliflower effect, all the sudden the candle will burn to hot things like. The things I have experienced ice crystal don't account for if all the sudden it didn't burn or just burned poorly I would have said moisture in the candle.

So I did some experimenting and in all most all the candles I made the ones that got frozen had some kind of effect and didn't burn the same as the ones that where in a controled conditions. The heat will effect it also just not with as dramatic results.

No that is not what is happening. I thought of that and ruled it out as the things that end up happening will be the cauliflower effect, all the sudden the candle will burn to hot things like. The things I have experienced ice crystal don't account for if all the sudden it didn't burn or just burned poorly I would have said moisture in the candle.

So I did some experimenting and in all most all the candles I made the ones that got frozen had some kind of effect and didn't burn the same as the ones that where in a controled conditions. The heat will effect it also just not with as dramatic results.

well crap! I have no idea then. I wonder if the MSDS has anything within it to explain?

Is the only reason to cure a candle to make the scent stronger? I have seen some postings in the past about cured palm candles getting harder, and reducing their shelf life. Is this true?