? About Cozy-Up Candle Warmers

TartAddict

Well, I am sure glad that those worked out for you.

In case you are interested, Bitter Creek North is having a clearance sale on some Snowman, Santa, and Patriotic crockery - including t-light warmers, and little bowls, just all sorts of shapes. My concern with them is shipping, I think it is high, but it could work out. They have that corn cob air freshener that I want to try. I just finished batching up some more Aroma Beads. Phew!! I stiiiiink!!! A nice stink.

Hope it works out for you.

Fern

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Fern-Marie. I'll check out those bowls at Bitter Creek. Hey, don't waste your money at Bitter Creek...they have the corn cob at Wally World way cheaper. I haven't bought any since last year but I believe it's about $3 for a good size bag. They keep in the pet supplies area of the store. Just a heads up.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

FYI, if you are nervous about the Cozy-Up Warmers...don't go to Wal-Mart. I picked up a candle warmer today and was a little irritated to find out it's a Provo Craft one (same makers of the Cozy-Up), just a different name...Sensible Aroma. I'll give it a whirl, but I'm betting it's the exact same as the Cozy-Up..to hot :(

D

What I have done is to plug in the warmers to a lamp timer ($5) at home and had it come on 3 hours in the am, shut off and come on three hours in the evening, then shut off. At work I have it come on during work hours and shut off a hour before I leave work. You time it as you need it.

JKm

TartAddict,I know what you mean.I have the ones from Michaels and used it but thought maybe Wal Marts are better and the wattage higher.So I get one at Wal Mart and bring it home.Let it sit for a month in my closet get it out and compare and the same thing.I was ticked.I was even telling people at a show to get the warmers at Wal Mart because I wasn't sure about the ones I had at the show from Michaels.See when on sale at Michaels you could have got them for $3.33.I posted this about a month ago because I was floored.Irritated to say the least.

LynnS

Just looking back on this post now and I use the soy on my candle warmer. I better read that but things are fine so far.I use it all the time.Will double check but I read some things when I first got it but maybe missed that since I was so ticked it was the same exact thing as Michaels.So it says that on the Wal Mart candlewarmer but not Michaels???UUUUMMMMMMMMM.Well they don't sell the soy.No wonder.

If it says it on one would have to on the other BUT the manufacture did that for the one store I am sure.I still have 5 from Michaels so will check and then go to Wal Mart to check their package.

LynnS

Actually, the warning about using vegetable waxed based candles on the warmer wasn't even printed on the package! There was a paper insert (which the warmer from Michael's didn't have). It was a long typed up paper with all kinds of directions and warnings. But yes, very irritating that it's the same as the Michael's one. Grrr!

• 1 year later...

Oh My! Sorry for reviving such an old thread. But the Search feature brought me to this one and I thought to update it.

I bought a Cozy Up 17 watt candle warmer at Michaels several years ago. Used it a LOT! Even bought a cheapo dollar store bamboo cutting board thingie to put under it just to be sure cuz I do leave it on when I am not home. and all night sometimes too....uhhh..that was before I just read about one blowing a breaker!!!

Never found it to be super hot underneath but definitely hot.

Heck I even heated my lunch on it more than a few times; a 10 0z tin of chili with the lid opened but still sitting on top.(turn on in the morning, ready by noon) Hey I like to get my money's worth....lol

Anyhow, the plastic has now cracked to the point where it is definitely time to replace it. I would have bought another one at Michaels except they didnt have any. No candle warmers of any kind.

Hmmm...maybe they figured it out?

So now I am looking for one of those ceramic plate warmers in 24 watts with the switch on the cord. Going to Wally World soon maybe. Maybe just ask Santa for one.