? About Cozy-Up Candle Warmers

TartAddict

WalMart sells these coffee warmers, which looks the same, they bring them out around christmas time. I bought 10 last year and gave as gifts with clamshells, and I have mine at home and in the office since Nov last year and it's on all the time.

It get's warm, but I haven't had problems or complaints I do have a sq of tile under it and advise my friends to do the same.

I also have some warmers which I bought in co-op.

I've never sold any, but if I do I'll make sure there is a warning, and even may add a pot holder as a free gift :yay:

edit: typo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are all made by the same company.

i do not carry them anymore, I used to sell a ton of them, but had several people tell me that they had them and the caught on fire. One lady down from me brought hers in and it looked like it had blown up, so I quit stocking them altogether. You can by them from candle warmer wholesale if you want a better grade. I think they ran about 3.50

levine has the ceramic and if you have a graden ridge they are nice and huge, but run 10 a piece.

night ladies it is time for tv and ice cream.:

ps turn your warmers off when you aren't around. I don;t think a trivet would have helped much.

I went out and bought one from Joanns today. They say Best Value Comfy Candle Warmer. Price $4.99 UL Approved, 17 watt. They come in a yellow package. I have had mine going now for 2 hours, and it is not getting hot on the bottom, a little warm, but I can touch it, so not that hot.

I have a couple by Velamour, bought from Levin's several years ago. Never sold well for me but then again they were not cheap back then. Paid about $10 or $12 for them wholesale. Testing the temp. and it has been a steady 150* for over 6 hrs and the bottom is barely warm. I just bought one from Micheals and going to take back. No use in messing with it. I'm going to get the candle/tart warmers from Irvin's instead.

I have a warmer i got from walmart, had it for a year and it gets warm but not hot. last year it was hard to find them at wally world but they must be catching on because they have plenty in stock any time i have wanted one now. and i have bought about ten the past few months.

Sharon - did you mean Irvins Country Tinware or something different. http://www.countrytinware.com/cat_cndl_candlewarmers.asp?cat=CAM

Just a little confused :confused:

I looked at Levines and they seem reasonable, but don't want to invest $100 in warmers.

Has anyone tried Harvest Scent & Traders? If so, what do you think?

http://www.harvest-scents.co/simmeringpots.htm

Thinking about giving them a try. Just a little leary on investing in stock on more expensive warmers/burners when walmart, michaels, target, etc., have them for less than $5 each. Maybe a little of both? Do gift sets with nice ones? I know most places online have them for $13-20, but do you think we can really get that for them?

I got my warmer today at Wally World and it works very well. It took about 30-45 minutes to get my tart to melt fully but once it did it was hot enough to give it good throw. It's got plastic on the sides that stay cool, and have it on a ceramic plate so I don't know how hot the bottom is yet. I'll check before I shut it off for the night. Anyway, for $4.92 it's worth it. Just thinking though...if it took that long just to melt a tart...I wonder how long it takes to get a container candle going....ummmm...don't think I'll be using it for anything but tarts and tins.

Hi Fern,

I use the warmer for candles I made in 8 oz jars, they are the small, squared off, mason jars...the only ones left at Wally World last week. Works great, and fits perfectly on the plate.

It takes about 40 minutes to get a throw...not bad. I just love the concept of no flame, and great scent.

I hear ya girl...I'm diggin' this no flame thing myself. I hate to make tea lights so I buy them and the way I go through them is ridiculous...I use ALOT of tea lights. From a selling standpoint I like it even better. No flame...less danger...fewer worries. I do fairly well selling tarts. I've done very well with a gift set of a soap stone (tea light) burner, 6 tarts and 12 tea lights that I sell for $20.00. Everyone seems to love that everything you need is in one gift...and it's inexpensive. They usually buy them for housewarmings, birthdays and Christmas. Now if I use the warmers and I can find some cool container to put on top of the warmer for the tarts, I'd sell those because they are cheaper than the electric tart warmers...so I'm brainstorming this idea now.

Do you have an Ocean State Job Lot down your way?

I was thinking of this same thing. I wsn't sure if I was going to do tarts, but I decided to give it a try. Made my first batch today.

They have some pretty nice little stoneware bowls, some are like a blue asian pattern. Can't beat some of those bargain stores. Also, I went to

Christmas Tree Shop last Sunday. They had little glass, Libbey, bowls decorated with trees, or holly leaves...with plastic lids. Grabbed a dozen @ a buck a piece. They also had candle shades...2/3.00 for the small, 2.99 for the larger. Really cute. Some had scarecrows, and there were a lot of Christmas and Winter patterns. Scoop!

Hi Fern,

I have been dying to hear if you went to Ocean State Job Lot and if you had any luck finding the pretty bowls? I sure hope you find them, or something pretty, and at a good price. I am still keeping my eyes open, if I find anything, I will let you know.

Did your area get flooding after the rains stopped? I thought you may not have made it out to shop due to that horrid storm.

I live in Taunton...we are still waiting for the damn dam to break or hold....big waiting game (we got almost a foot of rain). The dam(s) are a few miles from me, so thank God we are safe. Very scary for our friends and neighbors though. My phone has been ringing off the hook all day. I am exhausted, got up early to watch the news and make some calls so ppl wouldn't worry that it was us in the flood zone.

Anyway, let me know if you found something good.

Fern-Marie

Hi Fern-Marie!

No, I haven't had a chance to go there yet...it's about a half hour from me and one thing after another has come up...but I plan to go soon. If I find something I like, I'll post it here so that you and the others can see.

We made out ok during the rain storms. We got a lot of flooding of the roads, but my basement stayed dry up until the 8th day. We live in a duplex and my neighbors side of the basement is prone to flooding...well it couldn't take any more of the rain and came pouring in on our side. My daughter's room is down in the basement and her couch and chair got some water damage but everything else we were able to save. It could have been a lot worse, we were very fortunate, unlike some other people who had to evacuate and who's homes got some pretty serious damage.

Good to know you faired the storm ok...will let you know how I make out at Ocean State Job Lot soon.

Fern-Marie:

Well I went to Ocean State Job Lot this morning and they didn't have any stoneware at all. I was so disappointed. The only Asian bowls I could find were ceramic glazed dipping bowls in a set of 4 in 4 different colors...they're kind of nice...I'm just not sure about them yet. I'm testing one of them now to see if they heat up enough on the warmer to melt the entire tart. So far they don't look as though they are conducting heat very well as the sides of the bowl are just barely warm They also look sort of lost on the warmer plate...not sure if these are going to work out. What I really need are some cute stainless steel bowls or short squat tins. I'm still searching. Here's what they look like. I hope these come out clear. Darn...you can't see how nice the interior of the bowl is. But you can get the idea. Do you think this bowl looks lost on the warmer???

Fern

post-342-139458383013_thumb.jpg

post-342-139458383018_thumb.jpg

The 1 and only cozy up warmer I ever used shorted out and blew up. Thank god I was sitting nearby when it happened. I just happened to glance over at it because I heard a slight humming noise coming from that direction. I then heard a loud "pop!" and sparks flew.. then it smoked like a muther.

I ran and unplugged it (it kicked a breaker off when it did this).. the absolute last cozy up I will ever touch!

The CPSC really needs to do a recall on these hunks of garbage

I only use Darice now.. I have tested them to death. I use the large, 22 watt as it is the only one that will melt my large candle.

The 1 and only cozy up warmer I ever used shorted out and blew up. Thank god I was sitting nearby when it happened. I just happened to glance over at it because I heard a slight humming noise coming from that direction. I then heard a loud "pop!" and sparks flew.. then it smoked like a muther.

I ran and unplugged it (it kicked a breaker off when it did this).. the absolute last cozy up I will ever touch!

The CPSC really needs to do a recall on these hunks of garbage

I only use Darice now.. I have tested them to death. I use the large, 22 watt as it is the only one that will melt my large candle.

Well,shoot.I was going to buy a bunch of warmers up at Michael's tomorrow.I live about 2.5 hrs away from the store.

I have to take my son to his cardiologist so I figured I'de stop by and get a few.

Are the cozy up's the ones that M's carries? I hope not.

What about wal mart's,are those cozy ups too?

Where do you get the Darice's? Thanks so much <and sorry so many ??'s>

Jenn A

Hi Jenn,

I'm sorry, but the Cozy Warmers from Michael's are the ones heating up to a higher than normal temp.

Many ppl seem to be very happy with the Wal-Mart warmers, and Jo-Ann's get's good reviews as well.

Sorry to disappoint.

Have a safe trip tomorrow.

Hi,

Thanks,that's what I thought...shucks!

Well,there's a Joann's close to where I am going too so I will just get a few of those while they are on sale.

Thanks.I hate traveling...period...so I always dread going to the dr up there!The traffic....agghhh..

Jnen A

Dear Fern,

I am so sorry that you were not able to get the bowls that I was thinking of.

I do see what you mean about these ones looking lost. Although, I love the shape of the bowl matching the tart...very cute.

Maybe cute glass like a Pyrex type? Ya know, AC Moores has those glass stickers - they're permanent once set, even washable. If you found a nice glass that you are happy with, you might consider the glass stickers. (?)

I will keep my eyes open. I think I have to go back to Wally World tomorrow...got to find the candle warmers!! Do you have a Christmas Tree Shop? I scored tons of great candle holders, glass ware, and candle shades at fab prices. I will check there as well, I know you must have a Wally World.

Aren't you afraid that tins will get too hot on the heater? I haven't dared to try them for that reason.

Questioon: I was nosing around Yankee Candle to see what they charge for their tarts...I can't see the weight, but mine are 1 oz...I don't know what or how to charge.

Another thing, they have a circled R next to the word Tart. ??? If this is a Registered Trademark...I can't legally call them tarts, right??

Have you any idea on this? Hows-a-bout Ferny.Cakes?? lol

Talk soon, Fern-Marie

I just remembered...I did get PYREX Bowls, with lids, and Christmas Tree or Holly decor all the way around....At Christmas Tree Shop....duh, how could I forget that! They were $1.00 each. I got a dozen and am filling for use as wickless candles.

Fern-Marie:

Well I went to Ocean State Job Lot this morning and they didn't have any stoneware at all. I was so disappointed. The only Asian bowls I could find were ceramic glazed dipping bowls in a set of 4 in 4 different colors...they're kind of nice...I'm just not sure about them yet. I'm testing one of them now to see if they heat up enough on the warmer to melt the entire tart. So far they don't look as though they are conducting heat very well as the sides of the bowl are just barely warm They also look sort of lost on the warmer plate...not sure if these are going to work out. What I really need are some cute stainless steel bowls or short squat tins. I'm still searching. Here's what they look like. I hope these come out clear. Darn...you can't see how nice the interior of the bowl is. But you can get the idea. Do you think this bowl looks lost on the warmer???

Fern

I like the way it looks. I mean there really isn't anything attractive with the warmer, and this way you just see the bowl and whatever is in it.

Well...these bowls worked out very well. The bowl got warm all around but not too hot to pick up and it totally melted the tart...and it's throwing scent very well. Now to decide if this is what I want to use to sell. My sister's school is looking for things to sell at their school for the holidays...she's already told them that I'd be making candles or something. Right now they have a Yankee Candle fundraiser going...and nobody is buying. Gee I wonder why? Duh...it's because they're so freakin' expensive! Anyway, she wants me to do the tart burners and tarts gift sets that I usually sell. Unfortunately I can't get the soap stone burners with the copper lined bowls because they are out of stock and everyone really liked those. Looks like I'll have to find something at Jackel. Oh yeah, the Wally World warmers (Scent Aroma) are not hot on the bottom at all and I've been using them all day. I think they work excellent!