Fragrance load

Hi everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am new to this board... I have been on other boards for a number of years...I was just wondering what percent of fragrance load are most of you using...I have been blending Eco Soy and 223 50/50...and usally have good results however some on my scents like Cool Blue Water is a dumper....It just wont jump out at you...also Vanilla Velvet(Yawn)...Of course these are not Peaks Oils...But I am thinking of changing. I have tried adding fo at higher temps but to no avail...Just curious what you guys are using for load...I usually do 6%. I love this board...thanks

The fragrance load usually depends on what the manufacturer recommends. Each manufacturer pretty much knows what their wax will hold. As a general guideline I think a lot of people use an ounce to an ounce and a half per lb. Mine holds about 9% FO and does well. As for the FO’s you mentioned. I have never gotten a light or water type fragrance to throw well in soy. I have tried very hard to get a Juniper Breeze to throw well in my soy, but have not found one yet that does. So it may not be what vendor you are buying from, though that can have some bearing. It may just be those types of fragrances are lighter fragrances and just won’t throw well. I also have a cucumber cantaloupe that smelled up the entire house while I was pouring it, but it has very little hot throw to it.

Welcome to the board! :)

Hi and welcome to the board. :)

I use Calsoy CB-3 and use between 8-9 percent (depending on the FO) and sometimes 10 but only on one scent so far (vanilla scent). I get a really good throw between 8-9 percent with most oils that I have tried. I have been adding the FO at around 165 and pouring between 125-130 depending on the texture. I am not sure if I should add the FO at a higher temp or not. I was always afraid that it may burn off more from what a lot of people have said but then I have also heard with soy that a higher temp can help blend in the FO with the soy. I am unsure how low is too low.

Good Morning,

I use EZ Soy & do all my candles at 8%. It makes it easier for me when weighing out wax & scent to make 10-12 cases of candles. Some scents need to be wicked up or down accordingly. I add color at 160-170 F/O at 135 and pour at 106. This formula works for me and takes a lot of figuring out of the process.

Andy