HTP Wick and Hex Jar

Hey everyone, I was just testing my EcoSoya CB PURE in 10 oz hexagon jars.

I measure the bottom of the jar from side to side and it measures 3 inches exactly.

I tried RRD55 - slightly too small. Tried LX 20 - too small.

I am now trying out HTP 105. It is coming up on the 2 hour and 40 minute mark and the melt pool has hit all the sides almost with a slight film left but at the "points" on the corners, there is a little bit of wax left. What do you guys think for this timeframe? I know the general rule is "1 hour per inch diameter" but if it takes 3 1/2 hours, is that still ok? I suppose I could try a HTP 126 but I just have a feeling it may burn too hot since there seems to be a big difference in flame height stats and melt pool stats in comparison to the HTP 105's. Has anyone tried an HTP126 with this type and size of jar? What about HTP 105's?

The reason I am wondering if an HTP 126 would be way too hot/big is because when I tried the HTP 105 in the Ecosoya CBAdvanced, it burned just perfectly. I know that the advanced is different than the PURE, but I just wonder if a HTP126 would just eat up the wax in the hex jar with PURE soy seeing as how the HTP 105 is juuuuust about hot enough.

Thanks for any input and ideas!

Alright, I've hit the 3 1/2 hour mark now. By the way, each jar has a different brand of FO. The one that has Peaks FO - lavender in it, the MP has reached to the edges but has a touch of residue as well as a little bit in the corners. The pool is about 1/4 inch deep. The other jar is a clean burn pretty much all across and the MP is 1/4 inch deep.

Since I'm new to PURE soy, is there supposed to be some residue and does it usually burn off on the next burn? Is 1/4 inch a good mp for this stage/timeframe? Also, do you guys think that trying a HTP 126 is necessary or do you think that the stage my jars are at now good enough? Thank you guys so much for any info.

The general rule of thumb, is 1 inch per hour and after it reaches the edge, 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep MP. Of course that is a little flexible, it doesn't have to be exact. For instance, in my 3 1/2 double wicked jars, if I get a good MP in 3-4 hours, I consider that a good burn. Usually a little bit of hangup on the side, will catch up on later burns. If it is just a tiny bit, I wouldn't risk wicking it higher just to catch such a small amount, it would probably overheat your jar.