RRD wicks?

Hey guys!

I'm on the edge of nucking futs over here with my wicks; pardon the expression. Ok, so I'm working with EcoSoya. Love it. The throw is fantastic. I'm using Berry Creme Brulee FO in a six oz tin. I used a 34 at first and the melt pool seemed to grow really quickly then stop and looked like it was going to tunnel. So I melted it back down and pulled the wick. Next, I let it set back up, drilled a hole and replaced with a 37. It looks like its doing the same thing! Dare I wick up again? With the 37, it looked like it tunneled a lot faster than the 34-- it didn't even attempt to make a decent melt pool.

Any help would be great as this is my first time working with soy containers.

TIA :)

Terrica

I don't use EcoSoya, but I do use the RRD wicks with a soy/cottonseed blend (KY125). I also don't use the 6 oz tin, but thought I might be able to at least give you a little perspective if nobody else chimes in.

I use 4 oz and 8 oz tins. I usually use RRD37 in the 4 oz, but sometimes I have to go up to the 40. I have to use 2 RRD29's in the 8 oz tins because it's just too large of a diameter for one wick. I'd suggest trying the 40 or even the 47.... these are what I use in the 8 oz square mason jars and it's probably close to the diameter of the 6 oz tin.

Keep at it! ;)

Thank you so much for your input Ginny.

I remelted it and just came back from going out. I drilled again and put in a 47. This is my one last try before double wicking this PITA. I will say, though, that I can immediately smell the candle with the 47; where as with the 34, my nose hairs were singed from trying to smell the throw! Hopefully this will do the trick, other wise, I might try two of my smallest RRDs.

Thanks again :)