50/50?

Ok guys, bit of a silly question. when you guys are refering to a 50/50 soy paraffin blend, is this a preblend that you buy, or can I mix soy and container wax to make my own 50 50 blend, to have it behave better and increase the throw? Just courious, thanks in advance for your help.

They have preblends AND you can make your own. IMHO if you are going to go with a 50/50 I would try the ones that are available to you already blended first to see if you would like them. I have found that they are not more expensive and if you have a good supplier you can usually count on them being good.

I just bought two cases of 50/50 to play with. My verdict is still out

I would try a preblended one, but the only supplier in my area only carries Ecosoya, no blends. I am going to try the Ecosoya Pure, and If I dont like it, i was going to add some container wax to it. I tried the Ecosoya PB yesterday and had good luck with it, poured at 125, had one small crack, hit it with my heat gun and that was that. Going to have to get some liquid dyes though, the dye chips left little specks.