Working on Spring

Country Crafter

All the talk the other day about the flowers and lily pads got me to dragging out those molds this weekend to play. (Valentines is done and out the door and Easter is almost ready!) Here is a couple of pics of what we make in large floaters for spring, hope you enjoy.

Tomorrow I am going to pour my gerbers and pansies!

Wendy

post-148-139458416918_thumb.jpg

post-148-139458416921_thumb.jpg

post-148-139458416924_thumb.jpg

Hi Carebear, as I said in the post earlier last week when these were being talked about, we make our own molds. If I remember correctly we did these in 2003 for the spring. (Would have to look back in our pic files as we document each master with the date etc. ) There is similar ones around though, I am just not sure where you can buy them.

We formed our clay masters for the molds based on similar (overseas) candles that were available at the time in various stores, the are very close with perhaps slightly more detail on ours.

We do alot of novelty type candles and for us they do quite well, although the basic lines of votives, jars, melts etc. bring home the bacon, lol.

Thanks for the comments.

Wendy