Anybody make these?

julie

I have spent some time doing my research and there is no design patent on that type of candle. They do hold design patents but they are not for gel with a paraffin overpour they are for a particular candle that is not even being made today. I am sure if they were able to obtain the design patent on look of the candle being made today they would have. The design patent may have been denied (not all patents get approved).

I just love this one that is posted on the net from candlewic talking about when gel meets paraffin:

http://www.howtomakegelcandles.com/gel_candle_tips/gel_paraffin_candles.htm

(One of the newer techniques is a chunk candle with the chunks made from gel. The gel chunks are then placed in a container and paraffin wax is poured over the gel chunks. Designs for this application are endless.

As the gel candle market continues to expand the applications between gel and paraffin will continue to grow. Candlewic can provide assistance with any application you may choose).

I would bet more than likely if someone were to make this type of candle that the material compositions are not the exact same as the materials used by them. The candles made by them all use a core/votive that is (part) of the process claimed in the patents. I could probably go on and on but I won't so best of luck in your research. My advice, seek legal!!