first batch of gel Pic added...

Dove

I hadn't made a beer candle in months, but someone asked me to this past week. I had 3 mugs on hand, so I made all 3. DH took one to put on his desk at work. I scented mine Patchouli Raspberry. Whatcha scenting yours?

I will be putting the foam on tomorrow so after they are done I will post a pic...It seemed to me that getting the color right is a bit of a problem when I tested it in a glass bowl it looked fine but after poured into the mugs they were too orangish so you can't really trust the small amount test...

Hey, looks like a beer!

I took one of mine to the Elks yesterday and gave it to them to burn. Smelled great even in the smoke. One old guy was beyond drunk and got really confused. Was a good laugh!

Dove

those look fantastic!!:yay:

how'd you get the beer section to look so realistic? It looks just like a real beer with little bubbles in it!!!

Well I read that you need to pour slow and hot to reduce bubbles but in the beer I wanted bubbles so I poured fast and cool...And that I think really make it look real...I wish I could have gotten the foam to look more real but I couldn't...

Here's a tip for your foam:

Mix gel w/paraffin...let it cool and get a crusty like layer on top...then whip it and then add it on top of your beer candle with like a spoon. You'll get that "foamy" look.

The wax I am using is a gel/paraffin mix...I was told to just melt it and pour and to whip it for like ice cream but I just don't like the way it looks just melted and poured so I will try whipping it next time...Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I use gold and a little bit of brown to color mine, gives it a realistic color. If you're selling them try beer scented (smells aweful though), I sold out the last batch I made and still had the sea breeze scented ones left. I even floated a quarter in one, turned out cute. I got a lot of comments about that one.