Need help

Jennie

You don't have to add anything to the palm waxes. Sometimes they are a bear to wick. You pour them very hot and let them cool slowly to get the best looking candles. They aren't overacheivers on scent throw, so don't expect them to throw as well, without a little curing time. Sometimes they can change colors as well, why I don't know. I made a candle and added navy blue dye, after it was all said and done, they candle was purple, LOL! It is really better for you to try it for yourself, that's what I always do. That way you know for sure. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla, you may love it. They make very pretty candles.

Hi everyone, First I'd like to say it's good to be back! Although I haven't posted for awhile, I still check-in and read some posts, then all of a sudden I can't get in!!! :D So that's what happened! Thanks Alan!

Now to the question about palm pillars...I've tried making pillars for the first time using palm and soy, the crystals were still there, it was hard and really burned like a pillar but my comment is the palm wax has such a strong smell that it overpowers the FO. This is JIMO!

I don't know if your palm wax has a smell but mine has!

But I also agree that palm pillars look so good, I like the rustic look from the outside! It burns well too, but what do I know with pillars? For me, so long as they burn and create a crater and does not melt down like a votive, then it's good!! :D

JIMO...

I missed you all guys!! have you changed your usernames??? Is that why everyone seems new??? I didn't so you'll still recognised me!!

~Marie

I played with some palm for awhile. Make sure you stick with the recommendations for pouring temp etc. if it cools too fast you will lose some of your crystalization. I had a heck of time wicking it and just basically got tired of testing over and over again. The one I did get right in a turquoise color with a nice tropical FO I took came out great.

The throw in palm isn't as strong as in parrafin but I have never had the wax smell overtake the fo but the palm I use doesn't have much of an odor.

Yes a lot of peeps have changed their name. I think there is a thread on off topic that has some old and new names.

Oh and no need to add palm steric jenniejr

One thing I did notice about the Astorlite Q palm wax is that it had kind of a crayon wax smell to it that you could smell along with the FO when it burned. Not sure you get the same smell with the Candlewic Palm waxes.

One thing I did notice about the Astorlite Q palm wax is that it had kind of a crayon wax smell to it that you could smell along with the FO when it burned. Not sure you get the same smell with the Candlewic Palm waxes.

You are not imagining things. ;) Astor Q definitely has that crayon wax smell and I have found that it will overpower some FO's. Candlewic, not so much. I use a different supplier for my palm wax (Strahl & Pitsch) and find that there is none of that crayon smell.