bakery candle mold sites

LauraInNY

My really small stuff has lasted really well that 9 year old mold is for Blueberries.

My first cherry and strawberry molds did not fair as well but the replacement ones have done a lot better. For the smaller stuff the softer the mold the better they seem to last better. Of course I feel the softer stuff last a lot better period.

I buy almost exclusively from here now http://www.vanyulay.com/ There are few others I still buy from but not many.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are just now looking to purchase a number of molds from the states and I was wondering if people have used the molds from "the mold making handyman", which are the polyurethane ones rather than the silicone. The other site I am looking at is flexiblemolds, which are the silicone.

As this is going to be quite an investment for use down here in Australia (I would think up around $300 - $400 USD with postage) I just want to make sure that we are getting a product suitable for what we will be doing.

We are looking at the bakery / prim range such as mini donuts, mini cinni buns, prim stars and some blueberries / raspberries. We pretty much do all od our melt products with Palm but will also possibly look at a pillar soy for the bakery / fruit range as we dont really want the feathering for that.

Any advice or suggestions will be most welcomed and appreciated.

Regards

Richard

I have a few of the polyurethane molds and they are okay molds but are not as flexible as most silicone molds.

I have 1 mold from the mold making handyman so I can only give you an opinion on that one mold. It is a pie crust and it works well but not my favorite mold to use.

Thanks for the info. I guess I will go with the extra expense of the silicone from flexiblemolds.com as I would rather spend a little more and be sure, than to save a few dollars and be sorry. From the responses I have received from Ginger at flexiblemolds I am pretty confident in doing business with them. Emailed them tonight (Aussie time) and got a response back almost immediately, which I believe would be Sunday US time. I was quite impressed by that I have to say.

Richard

I have molds from pretty much all of them, plus some I have no idea where they came from.

The blue silicone sux, I mean really it does. They ripped and tore and didnt even last a year.

The ones are flexible molds are not silicone, they are rubber. I have only received yellow ones. They are quite flexible and great for flat stuff and a you can cut the larger ones and use a rubber band. She will pretty much make you anything you ever wanted and she is totally trustworthy. She bends over backwards for her customers. She has some neat stuff on her site, she ships quick and is very friendly. If you need a whole lot email her with what you want to make and what you are thinking of getting. She will help make sure you are buying the right size for the right size.

The handyman is good for flat stuff, maybe crusts and stuff. I have an awful time with the little stuff when the molds get older, they are golden when you get them, they turn a deep brown color over time. They have a discount on shipping when you buy so much. I have never had one rip or anything.

His wife makes nice silicone molds and they do have a shipping discount, but she is quite expensive. Her molds are good.

Midwest makes wonderful molds and they are silicone, I love her cakes and such, very easy to unmold and she makes your stuff fast, her molds last forever, and she stands behind her work, she will also make things for you.

Vanyulay (Monica) has the coolest silicone of all, this stuff turns insode out, demolds perfectly, nothing stickys, no rubber bands, etc. She is higher than rubber molds, but very reasonable for silicone. They have always been white for me. I have never had a bad mold and she ships super quick. If you email her and tell her what you want she will help you with it, for example I needed a bunch of one kind of mold, she made me a deal and put it on her website, at a discount. She will also make you anything you might need or want. I asked her for a heart mold with roses in it last year for Valentines and she made a eautiful one and it fits the dollar tree heart glass perfectly. I am hoping she can make a starts one out of the star jar for 4th of July this year.

I'm alittle confused here, Vicky et.al. Didn't Creative Gems and Jags Molds shut down?:confused: I know Jags Molds is closed because she sold her master to Midwest Molds and Van Yulay.

You are right they did but this is a very old thread that keeps getting brought back up. This thread was orginally started in 2005