Have you all heard of Candle Wealth

I heard on a local radio station about a candle making seminar in my area. Said you could melt the soy wax in your microwave and anyone could make and sell these soy candles. So I did a little research and found it to be quite interesting!! Watch the movie on these links... I will let the links explain.:shocked2:

They are saying how easy it is to make and sell soy candles and want ya to join and be a part of their marketing team, its a pyramid thing and the more people under you, the more you make!!

http://www.candlewealth.com/instacandledemo.htm

http://www.cwlight.com/KARE

http://www.candlewealth.com/comp_plan/comp_plan_summary.htm

http://www.downline.tv/cwealth/price_list.asp

http://www.candlewealth.com/index.htm

http://www.bizymoms.com/bizopps/candlewealth042005.html

If you do a google search, tons of stuff comes up on them. They really bash parrafin candle makers to promote soy candles. What a no-no !!

They say their soy is 85% Soy and 15%? other natural products.

Check out their soy prices!

http://candlewealth.com/docs/catalog.pdf

Check out what they say on the link above that their brand of soy burns 40-60% longer than any other soy and has a better scent throw than any other candle in the world!! Gauranteed too!!

How outrageous!

Would love to test one and compare!

The more I read on this, the more my mouth drops!!! I am still shaking my head!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.k. I talked to a lady representing this company. told me they were trying to get paraffin out of peoples home by selling soy candles. :shocked2: She told me how bad paraffin was for people!

Asked me if I knew where paraffin came from. She told me that it came from the bottom of a diesel fuel barrel!! :lipsrseal

That seems to be the sales stratagy... I called the number they had announced on the radio and inquired about this because they are now doing seminars (2 days long) and boasting about how easy it is to make, market , and work from home full time making these best smelling soy candles in the world. The seminar is how to make, market ect..

I wanted to know what to tell my customers when they asked me about this company.

Friends asked if I heard the advertisement on the radio and if it was that simple. So I am just checking out this company so I know how to respond to people questions. Which I am sure will come up since they are adverting this via radio A LOT!!!

So heads up, they may be coming to an area near you!! :shocked2:

Boo hiss! I personally prefer soy better over paraffin but would never BASH paraffin candles. Unfortunately, people fall for that kind of sales pitch every day.

And if it was THAT easy to make and sell candles, we'd all be filthy rich.

I heard on a local radio station about a candle making seminar in my area. Said you could melt the soy wax in your microwave and anyone could make and sell these soy candles. So I did a little research and found it to be quite interesting!! Watch the movie on these links... I will let the links explain.:shocked2:

They are saying how easy it is to make and sell soy candles and want ya to join and be a part of their marketing team, its a pyramid thing and the more people under you, the more you make!!

http://www.candlewealth.com/instacandledemo.htm

http://www.cwlight.com/KARE

http://www.candlewealth.com/comp_plan/comp_plan_summary.htm

http://www.downline.tv/cwealth/price_list.asp

http://www.candlewealth.com/index.htm

http://www.bizymoms.com/bizopps/candlewealth042005.html

If you do a google search, tons of stuff comes up on them. They really bash parrafin candle makers to promote soy candles. What a no-no !!

They say their soy is 85% Soy and 15%? other natural products.

Check out their soy prices!

http://candlewealth.com/docs/catalog.pdf

Check out what they say on the link above that their brand of soy burns 40-60% longer than any other soy and has a better scent throw than any other candle in the world!! Gauranteed too!!

How outrageous!

Would love to test one and compare!

The more I read on this, the more my mouth drops!!! I am still shaking my head!

Hogwash, don't believe that nonsense

I don't believe it for a minute!! :eek:

I was floored by the whole thing!!!

What a gimmick!! :shocked2:

Your right Bev, if it were that easy, we all would be rich!!!

They are really doing a lot of advertising in my area.

When I spoke to the Representative, I asked what they price their candles at. I was told that they suggest $1.25 per ounce. So a 16 oz candle would cost $20.00.

I know their will be tons of people that will try this out, and pay the start up of fees of $250-$500, but in the end, most people will probably lose money!

It may even make people apprecaite all of us candle makers even more!!:cheesy2:

How Pathedic of them. I mean I'm no expert at candle making.... "yet" really I'm still just a newbie. But even before I knew anything I knew you couldn't do it in a microwave. And anything that sounds too good to be true "Get rich quick" almost always is. Just sucks for people who know what they are doing specially with parifin as I've tried both and although i love soy for it's earth friendly characteristics, Parifin is just SOOO much easier to work with for me. Couldn't you order a candle and then comfront them with the false claims? I mean someone needs to be able to put these people in their place. Or is it more like a shake your head and let them look like idiots type thing? Still sad they have to stoop that low to sell a product. I really hope those people just fizzle out!!! I feel sorry for those who fall subject to it but the last thing everyone needs is to be at craft fairs hearing people preach about something they know so little about.

I have to wonder if they've been reported to the BBB or the Attory Generals office. This sort of thing is Dangerous!:shocked2: But someone will cause a fire that burns down their house, sue this company and they'll go belly up!

I hate companies like this because there's a sucker who is drwn in ever second!:mad:

I hate seeing stuff like this too. People get sucked into their marketing scheme, buy their beginner kit (or whatever it's called) and start trying to recruit other people. It's all about getting more people in their "little" network. I'm sure the people at the top don't really know anything about making candles. Candles is just their "product of choice" right now. I can't see this lasting very long. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

• 3 weeks later...

Well we know their claims and their claims are bogus. We also know that tons of people are always being recruited into MLM and similar marketing plans where the opportunity is overhyped, and one is the same as another is the same as another. Everyone who's still actively into it has their detailed defenses to counter the "misunderstandings" and whatnot, until they finally get over it themselves. I've been around the block, personally I don't need anyone to explain it to me.

I have been with Candle Wealth ever since it began in March of 2004. I would be willing to talk to any of you on an individual basis, but it does anger me to see you bashing a company that you really don't know much about.

I looked over Debbie's homepage and under Soy Vs. Paraffin this is what it says:

http://www.debssoycandles.com/soy_vs_paraffin.html

I've been doing this for 1 year now and consider myself a defianately newbie, plus I really don't like to get involved w/ touchy threads, but this comparison is what I was told too when I started and what I read when researching soy before I started. WHAT part of the comparison is not true? I prefer soy over paraffin because I experienced a "black" home up North when I lived up there and wouldn't believe it was paraffin even though the oil company we used (to buy and maintain our oil burning furnace) kept saying it was. I called them out on a few occasions about black walls, windows, and even inside the kitchen cabinets- it was everywhere. What really worried me was a faint fuel like smell that existed no one else in the family could smell it but it really bothered me, that went away after I stopped using the candles and airred the house out good. After I cleaned it out as best I could in the spring one year and didn't burn candles, I cleaned again after winter (still no candles being burnt) and no black when I cleaned. After that experiment I tended to believe the guy. Not to mention it was coming from someone in the industry, he said he had worked in the industry for years as he was fairly close to retirement (by the looks :grin2:) and seen this in so many homes where the people burned candles......

Something I often wondered was true or not- I was told as well that paraffin was made from the bottom of the (oil) barrel sludge is that true? I definately do not bash paraffin as I believe people should have a choice and there's times I would love to use it when I can't get certain project to work because the soy is too soft. I appreciate everyones feedback on the questions I asked.

Debbie,

I did do research on this company, got the little microwave kit, ( which IMO is dangerous to tell people to microwave their wax) I know better than to overheat it, but their are people out their that will, which in turn could set their house on fire!! I know of a person who would remelt their candles and put them all together in one, well she microwaved it and it set her kitchen on fire!!

Also they were advertising like crazy saying how easy it was to make these candles and earn 6 figures!!! So I did my research becasue I was getting a lot of questions from my customers. Some wanted to try it..

I tried it so I could see what type of candle I was up against and be able to inform my customers of this new wonderful candle. (per the radio)( Which did BASH parrifin big time!) SO on the radio, the bashing started with CW. ALso, IMO the CW candle did not throw well at all.

Why would you want to pay all that money to make candles just to recurit people in your area to sell them.. Then you have 1000 soy candle makers in your hometown????

I personally thought that the radio Advertisement made it sound so EASY to make and sell Candles... Which it is not!! They made it sound like a get rich quick advertisement. I even got one of this candles already made and it was full of pitted holes?? I j felt like it false advertising and some poor gullable people will fall into the trap! IMHO

Funny how there where no dangerous claims about paraffin candles until soy came into the picutre. It's really annoying that people have to use such claims to boost their sales/product. I'm still waiting to see the evil paraffin being pulled off the market? Go to just about any store and tell me what you see? Paraffin has been around for centuries, I've not heard of anybody dying from it?

Are there a lot of poorly made candles? Yes, but that doesn't just apply to paraffin. There are just a lot more paraffin candles being made. That's why we work so hard to make a quality candle, soy or paraffin. If you have to put down another product to push your own then that says a lot about you. I make both soy and paraffin and I have never told anybody that soy is better then paraffin. Do I prefer soy over paraffin, for some things I do. I also prefer paraffin over soy for other things. I am enjoying the best of both and I strive to make a quality candle no matter what I use.

I happen to be with CandleWealth and have been with them since the beginning in March of 2004. I would not mind having a discussion with any of you on an individual basis, but I find it offensive to read so many people bashing a company when they don't know the particulars. We do not teach making candles in the microwave as the "normal" way to make them. However, an insta-candle was created as a way to introduce someone to soy candles. And yes...you can make it in the microwave, but no...it is not the practical way to make candles if you are going to be making any quantity of them. I must say I found this particular link to be much more dangerous than anything we have done.

Islandgirl has a very good point about over saturation of a product. Everytime you recruit a new maker. Your increasing your competition, you don't see Wal Mart buliding a Wal Mart right next door to one another with the intention of keeping both open. Recruiting a sales staff is a different story. Bashing paraffin saying its bad for you and stuff, well so is eating a hamburger. When did you have your last Big Mac or Whopper? Science will eventually prove everything is going to be harmful if taken in massive doses.

Isn't soy wax related to TRANS FAT in a round about way? If you eat ten bags of the Lays potato chips a day thats probably not a good thing either.

The keyword here is MODERATION. Deb if you go out and recruit 100 people and fifty folks stay with it you have effectively increased you competition 50 fold and if your not the person at the top I would believe that to be a bad thing. If soy has its plus thats how you sell the product not by what is percieved to be the others shortcomings. Thats called above board selling tactics. If its that good it will almost sell itself.

John

I know of someone who has tried to get me into something like this but not candles.They want to come to your home and you shop and people you know shop and you make money that way.It does THOUGH cost a few thousand.So maybe these who are doing the classesare the sales people and you work under them and they make the money and become filthy rich.I mentioned this to a friend of mine and her husband did fall for it years ago and it did not work and years ago it cost them $2,000.00.

I really need to look these sites over but I would like all of you think it was hogwash and besides I am not giving a dime for anything unless for candle supplies, grandkids and my pets.Also to my charities I support.

• 2 months later...
I have been with Candle Wealth ever since it began in March of 2004. I would be willing to talk to any of you on an individual basis, but it does anger me to see you bashing a company that you really don't know much about.

And it angers us that a company bashes other types of waxes to promote themselves.

Something I often wondered was true or not- I was told as well that paraffin was made from the bottom of the (oil) barrel sludge is that true? ...

No, it's not barrel sludge, it actually starts out as lubricating oil. There's lots of things that can be done when oil is separated out into different length carbon chains - sure, it all comes from oil, but to equate the products just shows that they don't understand the technical differences. They like to say barrel sludge cuz that sounds dirty and icky and plays on your love of cleanliness and goodness. http://igiwax.com/wax_refining.shtml shows the steps of refining, and funny, the refining of soy oil uses a lot of the same mill equipment as the lubricating oil.

I think that an old saying comes in to play here-

IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS!

The person making 6 figures a year is probably the president of the company because a lot of suckers will pay to attend. You probably have to sign up as an independent consultant so YOU are the one responsible when you make a crappy candle and burn someones house down.

I have a bridge to sell you.......

I think there are successful people on this board who have been making candles for many, many years. If any of you make a reallly terriffic income at it, perhaps you could let us know?

Also, I know I have been making candles for a few years and I am still testing and pulling my hair out to get my candles just right. (I suppose you could call me a slow learner. :P )

I checked out the link she gives on her website to insure.com that states that insurance may not cover for soot damage caused by paraffin candles.

Guess what, there isn't any reference to paraffin candles anywhere in that article, the reference is to scented candles and doesn't mention a particular kind of wax, paraffin, soy or other.

Here's a link you can check it out for yourself, it's hard to find, guess this soy company is counting on the average consumer not bothering to try to find it.

http://info.insure.com/home/candles.html

My grandparents had a candle shop for 30 years. In a good year my grandmother poured 100,000 pounds of wax. The testing and pouring rooms both had white walls and never had soot on them. Every time a new shipment of wax came in if any of the specifications had changed at all, testers were poured and the wax, wick and scent combinations were tested again. She was probably exposed to more "fumes" from paraffin in one week than the average candle burning homeowner will be in their lifetime. She was 93 when she died.

Dee