glitter and gel

Purple Lilac

There are no real pro or cons either you want to use it or you don't. I add it regularly but make sure you use cosmetic glitter not the craft store junk. Most craft store glitters is not safe for gel candles.

Like anything else in gel wax a little goes a long ways. Don't use a bunch of glitter.

The pro is that it makes your candle glittery and sparkely :)

the con...well, sometimes it's difficult to get that glitter to do what you want it too and sometimes it sinks right to the bottom :)

I make lots of glittery gel around the holidays and to show off the sparkle I put a string of mini lights behind them...really catches peoples interest.

Also, you can use glitter you get in stores IF it's the fine or superfine. I have experimented with some from Walmart and it works just fine but I would be careful and do some good testing....that said

Amy from RusticEscentuals is THE Glitter Queen and she has wonderful glitter and other things like hearts and stars in an amazing array of colors which I have purchased in massive quantities :P ......

Another great thing to do with glitter, we use only cosmetic grade, very, very fine, is make gel cubes in an icecube tray, remove when set and gently sprinkle gel over. Alternate the cubes and a pour of melted gel over top until the container is full. If you pour cool the cubes stand out and if your pour hot the blend together and are almost unnoticable. A good way to suspend your gel!

As well you can use different colour cubes for a stain glass effect, although over time they may start to bleed together.

Just a couple of ideas!

Wendy

Just a word of advice when you try this.....wait till the gel thickens to an almost jelly consistency before you add the glitter and don't stir too much or you'll get TONS of bubbles, which makes it hard to see the glitter. Other from that, have a blast!! It looks really cool once you get the hang of it.

Trae

when i do apple or pumpkin pie candles, i very often sprinkle copper glitter over the top to simulate cinnamon. white glitter add sheen also and can look like sugar.

i also use glitter on top of novelty wax food candles like "cinnamon rolls", "muffins", etc.

cheryl